Always a good day when you have boxes waiting for you to get home

J_Sty_

Reaction score
90f3980a40000a5706b2b69c0944b05d.jpg

Just recently put 18x9 18x10 saleens on mine, deff get the black lugs, I got a set from autozone or one of the parts stores don't remember which

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Looks good. I did pick up a set of black lugs. Going to get things mounted up this week.

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Teaser Pics

I got the just the front wheels & tires mounted up today. Tomorrow I'll get the rear tires swapped on to the Saleens and have more pics this weekend - if it isn't storming.
Also bought a set of those black splined lugs

Piczz:

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
At first I was second-guessing my choice on these wheels. In fact, on the way home from work today I was still thinking about that satin finish and I still wasn't sure about it. I stopped off at a powdercoater I use to drop off the hood strut brackets to get done in gloss black and I even asked him if he could shoot some clear gloss over them...

When I got home a neighbor came by to tell me how much he liked the look & finish of my new wheels and said, "you need to get the Stang out somewhere where you can step back and look at it". He went on to say, "because I had been looking at in in such close-quarters you could never get a good feel for how they looked". I agreed. It had stopped raining earlier this afternoon, so I finally got it out of the garage.

The lighting is still crappy because of this weather, so sorry about that.

Took a couple pics in my driveway when the sun was poking through:

Took it on a test run to see if I still rubbed when going over spots that rubbed before - no more rubbing. Just a bit when making a slow locked tight turn.

I have to say, getting out gave me a much better perspective. I kinda dig em!
Now, just have to get the Mach I chin on to see how I feel about that, LOL

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
damn man those look awesome!!! look so good on the black!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
big box day is always fun. When I heard the UPS man pull up I am not sure he had the vehicle completely stopped and shut off before I opened the door an was about to make my way to the back the back :) I got mine used though so they had carboard on top/bottom and were wapped with 50 yrds of shrink wrap each. I think with wheels it isn't the journey of opening the boxes that is fun as much as the destination when they end up on the car and you stand back and give god a high five in your mind. Ok except for [MENTION=17070]Tony[/MENTION] because as wiched as his wheelss were I am sure he gave satan a high 5 :)

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
damn man those look awesome!!! look so good on the black!

I really like em too man! I'm ready to have some boxes of my own waiting on me...

Thanks, guys I appreciate it.
I may be heading out tomorrow morning for a little 2 hr drive to pic up a used wingless trunk lid for $40. Not sure how I feel about the wingless look on my car though. I've had it off in the garage since I put the new wheels on and then put it back on. Maybe it's another one of those, "get it out in the open to get a better feel for it" thing...

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
A pic after the test drive. Less sunlight gives them a different look

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks, guys I appreciate it.
I may be heading out tomorrow morning for a little 2 hr drive to pic up a used wingless trunk lid for $40. Not sure how I feel about the wingless look on my car though. I've had it off in the garage since I put the new wheels on and then put it back on. Maybe it's another one of those, "get it out in the open to get a better feel for it" thing...

i think you have the right stance and rear wheel offset to pull off the wingless look...although i like the wing you have lol.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am probably not going to like the car as much wingless. The S281 looks amazing.

Can't wait for the Mach 1 chin... it's really gonna tie it all together.

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
i think you have the right stance and rear wheel offset to pull off the wingless look...although i like the wing you have lol.

I am probably not going to like the car as much wingless. The S281 looks amazing.

Can't wait for the Mach 1 chin... it's really gonna tie it all together.
Funny, you guys said that, I sent the guy a text about 2 hours ago and said I'm not going to buy it. I like it as is too. Tony: You car pulls it off nicely though.

Chin tomorrow (instead of the road trip)

chris91

Reaction score
Looks great! You don't see that color of Saleens too often. Its either silver or chrome.

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Looks great! You don't see that color of Saleens too often. Its either silver or chrome.
Thanks
That's why I went with these. AM had them for a while a few months ago and then they were no longer offered. About 3 weeks ago, they had them again and I jumped on them.

I seem to gravitate to Ford-specific type wheels, having had: FR500s (in anthracite & black), Y2Ks & now these Saleens. I really like what others have done with other wheels, like Ferocious & Tony, but unless I found the "right" one, these Ford-specific type wheels are for me.

I had a set of chrome Saleens for a short while and asked Ferocious if he would photochop the chrome to a gunmetal set on my car a while back, and would, from time to time, always go back and look at them. But I could never find anyone that sold gunmetal or charcoal Saleens until recently.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments. I'm very happy with these.

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Made a couple more changes today

Swapped out the early rocker caps for the newer style:

Mach I chin:
Before:

After:

Pic Whoring:

I have to say, I really like these wheels now. I know I wasn't sure at first, but now... um, yeah, they'll do

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.