Always a good day when you have boxes waiting for you to get home

HuskerGT

Reaction score

Decided to take a chance and go with the Gunmetal Saleens. I haven't seen any here or many on the the interwebs. Hoping to eliminate a lot of the rubbing issues on the fender wells up front and out back.

With the offset difference of 24mm on my Y2Ks and the 30mm on the new Saleens I should be able to pull the wheels in an additional 1/4" or so. I'm currently running a 1" spacer out back and, with Ferocious's 3/4" & 1/2" wheel spacers I recently bought (thanks man), I can dial the rear back in a bit more too if needed.

Going to wait to get my fenders rolled and then get some narrower tires, 245/40-18s up front, before mounting these up. Also going to flip the rear tires because the outside has gotten cut up a bit from the fender lip.

Also picked up a set of Redline Tuning's hood struts

My apologies for the crappy lighting. It's getting fairly late here andf its overcast.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Those wheels are gonna like killer in that finish. By far my favorite mustang wheels.

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
It was your photoshop that started it all, man :cool:

Also hoping the additional offset helps keep some of the rubbage at bay. Might even go a tad lower if I have the clearance I need...

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Did a test fit on the wheels. Turns out my Y2Ks are 9.5" wide, always thought they were 9"

I don't mind my current chrome lugnuts, but I'm thinking I may have to get a black set:

Also got a Mach I chin a few days ago and did a test fit to see if I want to go ahead and mount it. Had to straighten it out in the sun first:

Test Fit:

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Those are going to look great on there man! When's the ETA of getting the tires mounted up?

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Thanks, man.
I have an appointment to get my fenders rolled at the end of this week, maybe Saturday. I'm going to order the 245s for up front tomorrow and probably a set of black lug nuts. Late Model Resto has a nice splined set for around $33 after 6% forum discount. Should have everything ready for the swap by the end of the week but I won't have the tires mounted until the following weekend.

So, ETA: 2 weeks

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
I may take a look later tonight. Need the thin-walled socket though. LMR's set comes with it and they are semi-secured in that they are splined.

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
I definitely think so too, man. It's going to take on a whole new look, moving away from the chromies.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I would stay away from splined crap... I have someone my car and lost the key which is delaying some work I want to do on the suspension.....

So yeah I'm annoyed Lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not sure where I am with the locking lugs as after just putting wheels on I considered a set with as much as they cost but I am afraid of not knowing where it is years from now.

CWO

Reaction score
You guys should consider getting rid of your car keys too, you know, in case you lose them.

Protect your wheels with some locks.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You guys should consider getting rid of your car keys too, you know, in case you lose them.

Protect your wheels with some locks.

All I have to do to protect them now is air out the air ride so no jack could get under it. Locked! :)

chris91

Reaction score
Splined lug nuts are not really a lock. Anyone can go get a splined socket and remove them. Any tire shop sells them as well as most parts stores.

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Splined lug nuts are not really a lock. Anyone can go get a splined socket and remove them. Any tire shop sells them as well as most parts stores.
That's why I said they were "semi-secured".
However, around here cars are pretty safe

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Question before I order the tires, will the sidewall of the 245/40-18 be noticeably taller than my current 265/35-18 rear tires?
Don't want to look stupid, LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online