Am I insane? Would it work?

Xuzhu

Reaction score
Ok well here's the lo-down. I work in a factory and I have no one to talk to at my machine, so I think, ponder, and daydream alot. My recent "possible plan" for my car is something I thought up the other day, and before I dig into the detailed research and whatnot, I've come here for simple answers/opinions on will it work, and would it be worth it?

So here's what I want to do (if it is infact possible/worthwhile) I want to basically say fuck you to my car, and put all the "goodies" into a 94-95 cobra COUPE, but build it RIGHT. The list would go something like this....

Buy a cobra.
Strip the cobra, engine and other various pieces as needed.
Take all the pricey shit off of my GT (such as heads, intake, cam, rear end, maybe some of the fuel system, tranny, nitrous, etc...)
Replace all that pricey shit from the GT with the stock pieces from the cobra.

After doing that, tune the GT which would still be a worthwhile ride, and sell it. I say this because I have alot of money sunk into the parts on my GT, but if I sold it either now or with stock cobra pieces, I would probably get the same amount of money either way....and I would like to reach more of a broader buyer group than just hardcore mustang people.

So back to the cobra....after the stripping, clean up any areas as needed (engine bay, whatever else) and start it off with a full suspension setup, to match the previously built rear-end.

Go to a dart block, and top it off with all those fancy parts I had on my GT, and if I'm not poor after all of this top it off with a nice turbo, and call it a day.

So I'm thinking that by doing it this way, I could get a nice authentic cobra, and a coupe at that matter, while saving a ton of money on all those expensive ass parts I had previously bought. Sell the GT which looks nice, runs well, get some cash for that and be on my way. And like I said I haven't looked into details yet because I'm lazy, so would swapping the parts straight from the cobra work or not?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
doesnt sound like a great idea to me....i think you would save money by just putting money into the GT, instead of doing two swaps, trying to sell a modified GT for a decent price, and then fully building the Cobra....sounds like a lot of work fo rno reason to me.

G

GREG@SN95

too much gamblin goin on there...

make the GT fast... or buy a new car to make fast... sounds like you'd waste alot of time and money doing something silly like that

OP
OP
X

Xuzhu

Reaction score
The plan is to buy a new car to make fast....and I'd just be saving the better parts from the GT.

Spyder

Reaction score
I like the idea, but i guess thats cause im partial to cobras

Fryrice

Reaction score
Xuzhu said:
I could get a nice authentic cobra,

Sooo,you would have a nice authentic Cobra with all 2v GT parts ?

There is nothing "fast cash" or "call it a day " about this idea man . Even with all the money in the world,your looking at some serious downtime .There are a lot of things you would need to do to make that swap happen other than switching motors. Horrible idea.

You need a vacation from your machine at work bro,lol.

OP
OP
X

Xuzhu

Reaction score
ok, and that was a good answer, thanks for setting me straight :D

Fryrice

Reaction score
Hey,you did the right thing by asking for opinions .Lots of guys go crazy,then realize they jumped the gun

You work in a assembly plant ?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of work,
How bad do you want a Cobra?
and if you're changing paint color that would be a factor too.

OP
OP
X

Xuzhu

Reaction score
Fryrice said:
Hey,you did the right thing by asking for opinions .Lots of guys go crazy,then realize they jumped the gun

You work in a assembly plant ?

I work in a box factory lol.

And Dalamar, the paint wouldn't be an issue, I got fucked when I painted my car. :(

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You painted your car - wow, another investment.

So, is it down to the Cobra badges?

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
I say just make the GT fast. Save your time and money and just do it the easy way.

OP
OP
X

Xuzhu

Reaction score
Nah, it's more a fact of my car was built on a budget, so kind of backwards like most people. The next step would be the bottom end and a turbo if I kept going with it, so one way or another (either car if I were to purchase something else) it would be taken completely apart. Oh, and I have a very hateful passion for my car, too many bad memories lol, and I also would prefer a coupe IF I were to keep building on anything.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You gonna go for it?
You'll need $, time and a place to work...

After all, a Cobra is a Cobra.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online