American Muscle Car show *NEW ROUTE UPDATE IN OP*

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
*****THIS POST IS ALWAYS UP TO DATE. WHAT IS IN THIS POST IS THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION ON THIS TRIP. PM me or post here if you have any questions. It is not necessary not recommended to sift through the following 20+ pages of BS. Post what you want in this thread as long as it is car show season/AM show related*****

Thanks to our good friend Shifty Powers we now have the date and location of the show for 2014!
The car show will take place on August 16th, which is a Saturday. The rain date for the show is the following day, August 17th.
The show should start at 9AM, although this time is not yet confirmed. Unless it opens later than 9:45AM then the following plan will not change.
The show is moved to Maple Grove Raceway for this year. Which should hold way more cars than last year!

13 cars are going to meet up to drive down.
FivepointSlow+ 1
E22502
the5.ohh + 4
hondarocks61
1bad9d5 + 1
teal94gt
Sinned83

23 cars meeting at the mall before the show
FivepointSlow + 1
E22502
the5.ohh + 4
hondarocks61
1bad9d5 + 1
TanTop94
teal94gt
DropTopPony
97stanger
jedpony
mustangcobra
chad5.0
stanggirlSN95
JerZeyStangz
Sinned83
Above118
Steve-Oh

Route updated 3/16
*Slammed car friendly*
IUcYuxk.png

Point A = FivepointSlow's house Point B = 1bad9d5's house Point C = BP gas station Point D = King of Prussia mall
xAKyvQI.png

hondarocks61, teal94gt, and Sinned83 meet at a local DD and then drive down to meet at my house (Travel time: 1 hr 32 min: 1:30AM)
Leave my house and head down to 1bad9d5's house (Travel time: 1 hr 50 min ETA: 3:30AM)
Leave his house and head to the BP gas station across from the bridge where the5.ohh and his crew will meet with us (Travel time: 1 hr 56 min ETA: 5:30AM)
Top off tanks, leave station and head to King of Prussia mall (Travel time: 1 hr 26 min ETA: 7:00AM)
Leave mall with every SN95Forums member attending the show and head to Maple Grove Raceway. (Travel time: 40 minutes ETA: 8:00AM) *I am assuming the mall meet will not be a wait for everyone and take off, we will have about 20 minutes to chill and gather ourselves before diving into the show.

To FivepointSlow's house: Click here for detailed directions
To the mall: Click here for detailed directions
To the show: Click here for detailed directions

We will more than likely arrive at the mall before 7AM. Depending on how long we have to wait at each stop, but my guess is we will destroy the estimated arrival times and shave around 5-10% of the time off each ETA due to speeding and such... Which I am not recommending! Stay safe people!

ProKiller

Reaction score
i'll be there but generally don't cruise in because of what time i have to be there. and i get employee parking :D

TanTop94

Reaction score
Ill have to take off way in advance but Im down to meet up if possible. Yall are coming from almost opposite directions as me lol.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
I will be there as well, early and in employee parking. I live 10 minutes down the road from it.. So anyone that comes into the area can let me know and we can all hangout the night before and whatnot. Might even have room for a person or 2.. But it is a far ways from now so things may change
[MENTION=8095]ProKiller[/MENTION] .. that was the weekend we got drunk for your bday no? I remember picking you and whats his face up.. cant remember if thats the same weekend or not lol..

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I will be there as well, early and in employee parking. I live 10 minutes down the road from it.. So anyone that comes into the area can let me know and we can all hangout the night before and whatnot. Might even have room for a person or 2.. But it is a far ways from now so things may change
ProKiller .. that was the weekend we got drunk for your bday no? I remember picking you and whats his face up.. cant remember if thats the same weekend or not lol..
That sounds like something I'd be down for. Check into my hotel and then hangout at your house for a little, then meet at your house before the show. That sounds like a good meeting spot if it's only 10 minutes away, instead of trying to find a parking lot to meet at. If you and your neighbors don't mind us meeting there in the morning of course! lol

Aren't you guys like 9 months early...
It is never too early to start talking about car shows! It's winter time and there is no car shows for awhile. I has a sad. But talking and planning this makes me feel tons better!!!

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Yea I get there early since i work it. We could all hangout.. Get a pong tourney going or some jazz. But really if following rules and being nice.. 20 mins tops to the place.. But again now sure on new location. There are plenty of locations along the way. But my complex has a parking lot out front I could meet everyone at that was out that way.
But depending on where some of you were staying, I may be in the opposite direction.

Flew by a caravan or 2 of mustangs last year on the way to the show. Should have waved or something. But oh well.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Is there any hotels around you that aren't the opposite way? Lol
And what time do you have to show up? I was thinking of lining up around 7/8AM

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

hondarocks61

Reaction score
I'm in MA so id be down when the car is done and all the kinks are worked out. Depends on where everyone decides to meet up and such.

It is actually a good idea to sort this garbage out ahead of time haha...

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'm in MA so id be down when the car is done and all the kinks are worked out. Depends on where everyone decides to meet up and such.

Its a great idea. Gives everyone time to sort their shit out lol. Either way, we need to have a SN95FORUMS group parking at the show.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score

I'm in the same boat you are with my car being 'done'... although I have a feeling my car ill never actually be 'done.. ever. Mods on mods on mods!!!

What I was thinking is anyone north of me can meet at my house, or the mall thats a few miles from my house and is literally right next to the highay, and then e would drive down and meet people on the way, so if you're a go for driving don the day prior to the show you would drive to me, we'd drive down and [MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] would meet us as we passed by his area, and obviously if anyone else wanted to tag along we could adjust the route and meet up spots accordingly. Ideally I'd like to get an idea of who all would want to join in on it and we could all book the same hotel, making it easier to roll into the show together.

Also, obviously not everyone is from our area, there ill be people coming from the opposite direction to the show, and you guys can put together your own group if you'd like, but regardless it would be freaking cool if we could get all the SN95Forums members to stay at the same hotel... We could have our own pre-show car show in the parking lot :)

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
wouldn't miss this show for anything. Curious to see where they move the venue to

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Just to give everyone an idea of the route I'll be taking.

Straight to the AM show for me (using the address from last years show):
249 Miles / Approx. 4 hours and 3 minutes

If I stopped at [MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION]'s house:
257 Miles / Approx. 4 hours and 22 minutes

I didn't realize how close to the route I was already taking you where Joe, so if it's cool with you I'll just go straight to your house instead of finding a place to meet, you're only 20 minutes out of the way. lol

This is the route I will be taking. Might tweak it if there is any major construction going on but I googled it and it seems to be an okay route.
JfyfpbO.png

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
damn, now thats dedication. 4 and a half hours?! Props to you guys

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I've wanted to go to the American Muscle show for a few years now. And now that I have a car that will be ready for the show, and by then I'll be 18 so I don't have to ask my parents to go, I want to experience the show itself and the trip to it, funded by me myself and I.

I think my dad might tag along with his 2007 GT too, he loves long trips. If he has the money and time off for work he'll go too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.