American Muscle Cobra Foglights

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was planning on going fog less in the new cobra bumper, but the more i look at pictures I think I might as well just grab a set of fog lights. I couldn't find anything from searching, but who here is running AM's cobra fog lights? The only thing I can think of as a downfall is the plastic lens, but I guess that is expected from an aftermarket chinese light. How is fitment? I run black cobra headlights, so I was also thinking of buying VHT Niteshade to give it a darker tone to match my headlights. Any thoughts? thanks in advance guys

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
I recently just installed some Cobra fogs from LMR and they're made by DEPO.

Nice quality, let's see how they hold up.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Even stock cobra lenses were plastic if i remember correctly.. No need to worry..

The plastic holds up just fine.

I've just had my share of 4-5 different sets of fogs/headlights for these cars and now how some can be "top quality" haha. But ill shoot a bead of sealant around them and even the VHT spray/clear should act as a sealant so I'm sure I wont have any problems. I'll be sure to post up a picture of how the tinting works out. Its a shame nobody sells a tinted fog for the cobra now a days.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't recommend the nite shades route but that's just me.

any reason why? There is not a single smoked cobra fog out there to purchase and clear fogs with black headlights would look a bit odd i would think...

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
I agree I like to keep themes with my lighting as well. Niteshades tends to have a purplish hue when a little time has passed by. The better route is a bit more costly but much more appropriate and adds a small later of protection. Do you know anyone with an actual paint gun and compressor?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I agree I like to keep themes with my lighting as well. Niteshades tends to have a purplish hue when a little time has passed by. The better route is a bit more costly but much more appropriate and adds a small later of protection. Do you know anyone with an actual paint gun and compressor?

Got ya. I actually know a bunch, I work in the insurance field and am in and out of body shops a lot.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Got ya. I actually know a bunch, I work in the insurance field and am in and out of body shops a lot.

I would certainly go that route. Some prefer to reduce a base black and spray, some prefer to add base to clear but either way shouldn't cost ya more than a 20 spot if you have a buddy that will do it. It will look flawless and they can get any hue/darkness you want.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Yea it sucks. I had a set of smoked cobra fogs. from upr. Even they dont make them anymore. And mine were recently destroyed. So i will be going back to the stock OEM ones from AM or someone.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I would certainly go that route. Some prefer to reduce a base black and spray, some prefer to add base to clear but either way shouldn't cost ya more than a 20 spot if you have a buddy that will do it. It will look flawless and they can get any hue/darkness you want.

Good advice man, I'll be sure to swing into a shop and get their opinion.

Yea it sucks. I had a set of smoked cobra fogs. from upr. Even they dont make them anymore. And mine were recently destroyed. So i will be going back to the stock OEM ones from AM or someone.

I didnt realize they are NOWHERE to be found so never made a big deal of it. Went to go buy them and its another story haha. There has to be a reason why not a single company sells the smoked lenses anymore. Man that really sucks about your set.

But ur car looks so good with the gt bumper :(

Haha thanks man, however its time for a change. I really think the cobra front will make it look badass and sinister

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online