American Muscle

NORTON98

Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,

Im looking to buy new Rims and Tires. I like the Chrome bullits on American Muscle but they seem a little too cheap. I would like your guys opinion. Are they good rims and are they not too heavy.

Thanks,
Mike
 

voidfinger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
3,880
Reaction score
0
chrome is aluminum with extra metal on top thats why it equals heavy :)
 

phil_the_thrill

Active Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
874
Reaction score
3
voidfinger said:
chrome is aluminum with extra metal on top thats why it equals heavy :)

yeah i realize that but isnt it only a fraction of an inch thick? its obviously gonna be heavier than just aluminum but by a noticeable amount?
 

voidfinger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
3,880
Reaction score
0
well i picked up my brothers aluminum cobra r's and then i picked up my chrome cobra r's and i can say there is deff. a weight increase and then X it by 4 :).
 

voidfinger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
3,880
Reaction score
0
what the heck does ftw stand for??? plus i'm really likeing them rims :) wish i see them in silver instead of white .
 

phil_the_thrill

Active Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
874
Reaction score
3
voidfinger said:
well i picked up my brothers aluminum cobra r's and then i picked up my chrome cobra r's and i can say there is deff. a weight increase and then X it by 4 :).

yeah i'm just curious how much heavier a chrome plated aluminum rim is compared to just a pure aluminum rim of the same size.

FTW=For The Win
 

voidfinger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
3,880
Reaction score
0
i wouldn't say its that much to keep you from buying them.

O and that company has good rateings and the only neg was the responce time of the company not any on the product and the one that did didn't install right lol.
 

voidfinger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
3,880
Reaction score
0
what you mean don't put gt rims on my cobra? those are cobra rims and they are D Dish, so i like the 10.5 in the rear look. :) plus my r's have seen better days "knicks,dings,crack on one, lol"
 

badass98svt

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
4,252
Reaction score
2,034
Well, orignally in the start of this thread, you were thinking of buying DD Chrome Bullitts.
 
G

GREG@SN95

Guest
I am not happy with the way AM treats its customers...

In a nuttshell... they treat their customers like shit and don't give a rats ass about you...

I plan to buy wheels from them because of the price, free shipping, free tire mounting, good quality, and they are an SN95forum sponsor...

But I'm gonna watch them very closely and keep detailed records...

Cause if I have a problem... They ain't going to do jack shit about it and I will end up taking them to court...
 

voidfinger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
3,880
Reaction score
0
badass98svt said:
Well, orignally in the start of this thread, you were thinking of buying DD Chrome Bullitts.

naw that was norton.
 

bigjohnson4.6gt

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
1
GREG@SN95 said:
I am not happy with the way AM treats its customers...

In a nuttshell... they treat their customers like shit and don't give a rats ass about you...

I plan to buy wheels from them because of the price, free shipping, free tire mounting, good quality, and they are an SN95forum sponsor...

But I'm gonna watch them very closely and keep detailed records...

Cause if I have a problem... They ain't going to do jack shit about it and I will end up taking them to court...
im not trying to bash you or anything but ive had good service with them, they messed up an order and i sent it back with no problems (no restocking fee or shipping back fee), other orders are all good
 

voidfinger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
3,880
Reaction score
0
bigjohnson, that looks like the rims that i want to get for my car exept not in black, are the back DDish?
 

Fets

Post Whore
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
11,013
Reaction score
7
I is here, so me says get some 03 Chrome Cobras. I Leave now.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
77,726
Messages
1,508,806
Members
15,148
Latest member
pirringas

Members online

No members online now.
Top