Amp with built in Bluetooth

Bill94vert

Reaction score
So I've been doing some research on a few amps with built in bluetooth this eliminates the need for a stand alone HU. Uses any BT source like your phone as your hu.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

my truck has factory stereo delete but would be nice to have some tunes while keeping the factory appearance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBNwtBk3sJk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
too new for me. I could see it being handy as well as possibly a problem or two. One very big one is with most states banning texting while driving good luck telling the cop you were just turning the volume up on the stereo. It could also be just as illegal to adjust your stereo while driving as it is to mess with your phone.

OP
OP
Bill94vert

Bill94vert

Reaction score
here its illegal to be holding your phone while your driving, if I wanted to adjust something i'd just do it while stopped and its safe to do.

That aside whats your take on RE audio's quality? Im curious on why no big names are doing it yet (that I could see)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
RE is ok stuff although I have not worked with them myself. They make Bluetooth audio transmitters that you could at to any regular amp. I have one for my stereo and just checked it and its 10volts so it would not be hard at all to put it in a car.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...T&cid=262075&lid=4742361&acd=1230980794501410

This is the piece I suggested, I was actually on the beta test team and still using it with no issues. This little sucker is small enough to go anywhere and not all that expensive either and would allow you to use this Bluetooth idea on any amp easily. I have it set up with my computer to play music on my stereo, as soon as its powered up it signs on to the computer and off I go. With the onboard Bluetooth in the amp is that new I would probably wait a generation or two too see how well they really work together. RE probably didn't design the Bluetooth piece and added it into the amp and sometimes when that happens they just do not work all that well together. A good example is the newer blueray players with onboard wifi. Maybe its just me but after trying 3 different players that were not the cheapest on the shelf I was never really able to get the wifi stuff to work reliably on them. There was a Samsung piece that when I did a search to see what was wrong and how to fix it, they were aware of the situation and had no fix, for 2 years... Got another player and still had reliability issues with it, and another one after that. I finally broke down and instead of a new blueray player I got a roku player that does nothing but streaming, no disk onboard. I am pretty sure that he blue ray manf are not designing the wifi pieces that are in them and taking the cheapest piece they could find from a supplier to try and work and that is why I have so many issues with them. I would not be surprised if they have similar issues here.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it should not have too much trouble keeping up with mp3 sound quality to satisfy 90% of the people today. Its safe to say that with the extra steps involved in transmitting and with the possibility of picking up junk signals/interference that its not going to sound better then a good wired system in the same car.

If it was something I was seriously looking into doing for simplicity I would probably get the separate transmitter/amp myself by using a piece similar to what I showed. That will open a lot more options for you with any brand amp available for you and shoud have the same sound quality, possibly even better since more then likely RE contracted that part out to the cheapest bidder to fit in the space designed.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...T&cid=262075&lid=4742361&acd=1230980794501410

This is the piece I suggested, I was actually on the beta test team and still using it with no issues. This little sucker is small enough to go anywhere and not all that expensive either and would allow you to use this Bluetooth idea on any amp easily. I have it set up with my computer to play music on my stereo, as soon as its powered up it signs on to the computer and off I go. With the onboard Bluetooth in the amp is that new I would probably wait a generation or two too see how well they really work together. RE probably didn't design the Bluetooth piece and added it into the amp and sometimes when that happens they just do not work all that well together. A good example is the newer blueray players with onboard wifi. Maybe its just me but after trying 3 different players that were not the cheapest on the shelf I was never really able to get the wifi stuff to work reliably on them. There was a Samsung piece that when I did a search to see what was wrong and how to fix it, they were aware of the situation and had no fix, for 2 years... Got another player and still had reliability issues with it, and another one after that. I finally broke down and instead of a new blueray player I got a roku player that does nothing but streaming, no disk onboard. I am pretty sure that he blue ray manf are not designing the wifi pieces that are in them and taking the cheapest piece they could find from a supplier to try and work and that is why I have so many issues with them. I would not be surprised if they have similar issues here.

Thats interesting.
I could run that into my Alpine EQ and use the setup I already have without a HU just say an Ipod with Bluetooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online