AM's Smoked Cobra lights.Whos got em?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
If you have AM's smoked oe cobra style headlights post in here.. fitment out of the box? Pictures? I've seen them on AM's site, but I want input from this forum

86svo9l

Reaction score
They look nice! I bought the older style smoked cobra headlights from LMR several years ago, looks like they have the same set that American Muscle has. They were not available for a while. These Look a lot lighter than the older ones.

May just pick a set up myself for the new vert!

Here's the style from 4-5 years ago on my old vert.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
They look nice! I bought the older style smoked cobra headlights from LMR several years ago, looks like they have the same set that American Muscle has. They were not available for a while. These Look a lot lighter than the older ones.

May just pick a set up myself for the new vert!

Here's the style from 4-5 years ago on my old vert.

These are the actual OE Cobra Style smoked ones right? I'm looking at their black ones.. Not sure what to get

86svo9l

Reaction score
These are the actual OE Cobra Style smoked ones right? I'm looking at their black ones.. Not sure what to get

Correct they are the Cobra Style smoked lights. Fitment was great on these. Looks like the newer ones are a bit lighter on the tint but otherwise the same...

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Correct they are the Cobra Style smoked lights. Fitment was great on these. Looks like the newer ones are a bit lighter on the tint but otherwise the same...

Great, they look pretty sick.. Probably going with these, hows the light output?

robb15033

Reaction score
I bought them last May. Leak like a sieve. I obviously didn't seal them thorough enough with clear silicone. Im still not sure if water penetrates around seal or the tiny hole in back of fixture, there for vent possibly & seen in inside corner of headlights in pic below .
Look good though.
71f4e960-cc18-408b-a24f-42d215864ba8_zps7111be3e.jpg

86svo9l

Reaction score
Not as good as stock. They came with really bright bulbs, but still were not even close to stock for light output. Most likely why they are lighter on the tint now.

I had no problems seeing at night and it never really bothered me to much. But it would not be a bad idea to drop in a HID setup if its in your budget... Never hurts to install them and see if it fits into what you are willing to accept for lighting.

86svo9l

Reaction score
I bought them last May. Leak like a sieve. I obviously didn't seal them thorough enough with clear silicone. Im still not sure if water penetrates around seal or the tiny hole in back of fixture, there for vent possibly & seen in inside corner of headlights in pic below .
Look good though.
71f4e960-cc18-408b-a24f-42d215864ba8_zps7111be3e.jpg

That leaking sounds like a PITA. They do look good though!

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
I have the oe smoked cobra set from LMR. Look amazing, fit great but I feel the light output is low. Then again I'm used to hid/led lights in my other vehicles, so I might just be a whiner

robb15033

Reaction score

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Light output was 100x better than my stock ones... Then again they looked like this..
622X6QA.jpg

gPxYKlT.jpg

W8qOK4g.jpg

iJ2XJ5G.jpg

Not sure which bulb is which... I think the bluer bulb is the Raxiom bulb and the other one is the one that came with the headlights... I honestly forgot lol
Sph2of0.jpg

2BJYdJt.jpg

[MENTION=19223]stanggirlSN95[/MENTION]
HIDs and LEDs you say? ;)
SCk9Isq.png

Refer to my build thread in my sig to see the light output of HIDs without projectors.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Didnt you just get projectors?

Yeah.. Just getting some ideas because I'm going insane with the way these lights fit.. Keep adjusting and adjusting and all I'm doing is getting frustrated.. Still can't get them to sit right.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Found an old thread showing how to really adjust them. Hopefully i can mess with em and make em look right, would really hate to waste $$ on another set when these are fine other than adjustment being off

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
dunno what i got
2isunns.jpg
Those look just like mine but without the reflector.
These below are AM smoked i thought:
2mxpob7.jpg

I see acouple in this thread with weird corners
I think the description Joe gave was vague.. There are two different ones. The ones you posted that are 'Smoked OE Cobra Style Headlights"
And there are these, "Black Cobra Style Headlights", which is what I have.
a5O9JFu.jpg

side note, the hell is going on with the weird camber on the driver side wheel?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online