Amsoil

RichV

Reaction score
Before I get the S197 on track, I want to replace all the fluids. Was thinking of going with Amsoil.

Our secretary at work knows a dealer, and my plan was doing:

motor oil / wix filter
trans oil (not sure what the 3650 takes yet)
rear end

You guys have any experiences good/bad? I've never used it, read a bunch online.

Awtblo

Reaction score
The only bit of experience I have with Amsoil is with their 10w40 motorcycle oil. I've run it my CBR and YZ's and both suffered from notchy shifts while using Amsoil. Switched back to Mobil Fully Syn Motorcycle oil and the shifts were butter smooth.

Suspect

Reaction score
I tried it in my magnum t56.. took it out after one drive.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I don't know a damned thing about their car oil but I know that they are one of the better companies for diesel oil. Interesting to hear of people having difficulties with it...

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Ya, motorcycle guys swear by it.

410sn95

Reaction score
A local shop Track car saw roughly a 20 degree oil temp DROP on track when switching from conventional oil to Amsoil. No other changes to the car.

94_red cobra

Reaction score
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/greasy-spoon-418/

some me good info on both Amsoil and Royal Purple. Look for posts by unleashedbeast and jimmyp. I personally have used Amsoil for about 5 years and always had a good experience. Their high end, signature series, is one of few group iv 100% synthetic oils. RP has the HPS. I believed enough in it to become me a dealer. That said, everyone's experience may be different. :)

blackdemon007

Reaction score
I also know a dealer and that is all I ever use for the engine oil now - have never tried any of their other fluids.
I've also used a ton of different filters and have never seen any changes as far as that end is concerned.

96Mystic1189

Reaction score
I have enjoyed what I have bought so far. I will continue to use it. I may be imagining it, but if my car would sit for 3 weeks and you would start it, it would blow a puff of oil as if the valve seals are cracked up from sitting. Since, I switched to Amsoil SS oil, it seems to be not as bad even though it is still sitting in the winter. I just filled the rear differential up with it but havnt had any seat time to see if it makes any noise difference.

Butch

Reaction score
I just filled the rear differential up with it but havnt had any seat time to see if it makes any noise difference.

I'm all for finding this out too. Or just stick the original plan and go with redline

Sent from your moms breastesses

kb1982

Reaction score
Ive used 20 50 Amsoil in my 2004 gsxr since the first oil change 58,000 miles ago. Works great in it, but it made the tranny notchy feeling in my 09 zx-10 so I went to mobil 1 4t in it. As for in a car engine, i would be willing to bet it will work great. The wet clutches and sharing of oil in the engine and tranny makes oil choice more finnicky in motorcycles. 58k miles in my bike, and alot of time spent in the 7k to 13k rpm range has earned my respect. Just wished my Ninjas tranny liked it so i could stick with a tried and proven product instead of having to switch to a different brand.

94_red cobra

Reaction score
I'm all for finding this out too. Or just stick the original plan and go with redline

In my Subaru it quieted down the chatter in the front and rear differentials. I have had it in those and the tranny for over 100k. I am just about to change out the fluids now. I haven't had a chance to try it in the cobra yet.

i look forward to hearing your feedback!

Butch

Reaction score
In my Subaru it quieted down the chatter in the front and rear differentials. I have had it in those and the tranny for over 100k. I am just about to change out the fluids now. I haven't had a chance to try it in the cobra yet.

i look forward to hearing your feedback!

Gnarly. I'm still fighting with the interweb on finding 80w-90. I found it once before, haven't found it today

Matt300ZXT

Reaction score
It's all I use in my 300ZX. Signature Series 10w30 and their oil filter. I still only let it go 3-4000 miles between changes. I've heard some people say it thickens up as it gets older, but that's when they were running it to the 15,000 mile advertised drain interval. It's hella pricey but I figure it's the best money can buy for my car, so that's what I run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online