amy98gt's build thread

amy98gt

Reaction score
It's been a LOOOOONG time since I posted anything on my car so I thought I should start one again. I haven't been able to work on the car for about a year but I'm able to get back to it and looking forward to the finish. So here goes.

The list...
COP Conversion
New axels
A1000 Fuel pump
New fuel lines
Paint Calipers
Refurbish Headlights
and the list goes on.....

Today I started on the coil over plug (COP) conversion.
CIMG2320.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CIMG2323.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CIMG2324.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CIMG2325.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ahhh! Much better. Not so much clutter. I have a lot of wire cleanup that I have to do though.

OP
OP
A

amy98gt

Reaction score
Ok so after looking at this for some time I realize that I now have some ugly brackets attached to the motor. So the question is for some of you who hopefully have done this swap before. Do I take the power steering bracket off and do some cosmetic operation with my cut off wheel or just buy a used bracket from a 99 and up 2v?

CIMG2326.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

As for the passenger side, I am not removing the supercharger again unless I absolutely have to. The decision was made to just cut the top of the bracket off.

CIMG2327.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
A

amy98gt

Reaction score
Today I started on the fuel system. I got a new Aeromotive A1000 in tank setup going in feed the beast under the hood. I did get as far as I wanted to today but at least got the old crap out. UPS shipped the new tank but busted the box and lost some of the hardware. So they took it back as a damaged item. I wan't too happy about that. and I just realized after laying the new lines out the fuel line kit I got from summit is too short to run all the way from the regulator up front to the tank twice. Any who her is the progress.

Drained the fuel and dropped the old tank out of the way
CIMG2329.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CIMG2330.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CIMG2328.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Due to the addition of brake lines and sub frame connectors the original lines could not be taken out in one piece. Oh well...
CIMG2333.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The little release fittings on the duck bill connectors did not want to give. So i just gave up and cut those to.
CIMG2332.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CIMG2331.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I ended up going ahead and removing the rotors to remove the surface rust and start on the caliper job while I was at it.

OP
OP
A

amy98gt

Reaction score
While I was in the fender well I was wandering what the pros and cons were to having/removing the charcoal filter and line from the tank and deleting it altogether. It has already been disconnected at the motor. A friend of mine said if I took it out I would start to have a bad gas smell.

SWFLGT

Reaction score
That intake is really sexy and the CoP conversion really cleans up the engine bay. Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
A

amy98gt

Reaction score
amy98gt's build thread (04/15/2014)

Update 04/15/2014
Still waiting on fuel parts to arrive but got the bracket in for the power steering bottle put on. Also got some new seats put in.
Before

CIMG2326.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After
One call to prestige got me a used bracket from a new edge. The weight reduction alone from the cast piece to the newer metal bracket is dramatic enough and it really cleans up the from of he motor.

CIMG2336.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Before

CIMG2334.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After
I picked these up couple years back off craigslist for $100. It was kinda hard to pass that considering my riverside seats has a big tear on the inside and the whole left side of the foam was completely rotted away.

CIMG2338.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CIMG2340.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
A

amy98gt

Reaction score
I attempted to re-install the tank today when I realized the filler neck was one of the things ford changed in 98 along with everything else on the fuel system. So after ordering a new float sensor I called up to the junkyard and snagged used filler neck and now waiting on a new grommet. In the mean time a trip to the local Fastenal provided me with all new stainless hardware for the top of the motor. A couple of torques allen heads and some forced persuasion later and the old rusted ones came off.
CIMG2341.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CIMG2343.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
A

amy98gt

Reaction score
Am I the only one who gets excited over fuel upgrades? :)

I guess its just you and me. Every time I see big fuel I automatically think big power.

I'm not gonna lie though this mod has made me want to pull my hair out learning about all the little "surprises". If your a major manufacturer and you know the exact vehicles your product is going to be used on, why wouldn't you, oh I don't know, inform your customers of the things they need to change in order to use your product. After a call to your amazingly helpful customer service line you get the "oh yeah you have to get a specific filler neck, oh yeah you have to get a specific fuel float, oh yeah you have to get this". How about we not be a d-bag and put that information in the directions and with part numbers. But that would just be crazy talk I know. What was I thinking...

Ok there is my rant for the day.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hahahaha thats the reason why I don't spend Sundays working on my car anymore, you just know something is going to be missing and everything is closed :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online