An Example Of what i can do with a Paint Gun

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
S350002014.jpg

S35000212.jpg

S3500022.jpg

S3500026.jpg

Pictures dont do it justices. I Made the custom paint i call it Burnt Red. i know kinda gay but hey i can barley remember how i made it lol. Dalmar was wanting to see my other custom color "Silver Snowite" But i have no pics of that creation, but i think i gave him a good i dea for a suttle yet EXTREME paint job yall will love. ENjoy

Compliments and Critisism is Welcome

EDIT: I just realized you can barley see that there is a full 5 coats of clear on the panel so i took one more. Anyone who says its impossible not to have orange peel in clear coat is full of it. Here it is at an angle with NO wet sanding and polishing. This is how is looked after it baked and came out of the paint booth a year ago.
S3500027.jpg

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
MAXX RS4 said:
WHat exactly is orange peel?

Good question. Orange Peel refers to the clear coat looking like the skin of an orange. SOmetimes you can see it in factory paint (not so much tho) you can see it alot on cheap paint jobs or bad painters.

orange-peel-1.jpg

Look at the light reflected in the paint, look at the outline see how rough and nasty it looks, look at my last picture and look at my light source is the panel.

Usually (if enough clear was put on) you can start wet sanding the clear down smooth with 2000 Gritt then i go to 3000 Gritt to smooth out the highs and lows, then buff out.

rgs

Reaction score
what is that thing anyways?

well whatever it is, it looks dope as hell

sxy_stang

Reaction score
looks pretty good this is what i just finished at skool......dont mind the faded spot and the way that mustang is spelt on a angle it was real hard to get it on that panel. just remember i have never painted in my life.

Picture.jpg

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
rgs said:
what is that thing anyways?

well whatever it is, it looks dope as hell
Its just a piece of metal, at the end of school towards graduation we got to do whatever we wanted. i decided to go with the punisher skull. sxy stng thats not bad at all. Wha ttype of gun are you using? Any experience in Mystic, candy, or pearls yet? if not thats the fun stuff!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks sweet,

I got your PM, thanks for the tips, I like your idea a LOT!

Kind of a floating pear? does that sound right?

Howz do you think purple pearl would look?
Would it look good with purple and some blue pearl mixed?

WHere are you located anyway?

Keep taking pics, that's cool stuff.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap that is a awesome job man that color looks great and that clear job is crazy.

and sxy_stang looks like a real good job for your 1st too, I dobut mine would look nearly as good as that looks like a great job on the clear (hardest part I have been told)

LOTS of new fords have bad orange peel, go up to any 01+ and take a look its pretty damn bad!

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Looks sweet,

I got your PM, thanks for the tips, I like your idea a LOT!

Kind of a floating pear? does that sound right?

Howz do you think purple pearl would look?
Would it look good with purple and some blue pearl mixed?

WHere are you located anyway?

Keep taking pics, that's cool stuff.

Yea its pasically pearl suspended between the base coat and clear which makes it give that certain allusion. From my experience you could mix 2 pearls together, it will look okay. But in this situation less is more. It will stand out more with one color pearl in the transparent base. Trust me you waste a can of blue pearl in that Transparent base, you wont be dissapointed. Red looks hot as well. Im in Dallas texas. Building up a make shift paint booth so i can start getting business in. :dancing6: Thanks Matt. Its one of the best clear coats that came out of that paint booth that year. My instructor was suprised as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online