An Outsider "Reviews" The SN95

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
This popped up in my youtube feed. Whats yourguys opinion on this review? Not too fair of him to review a craigslist special in my opinion.

Pure entertainment purposes :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW6GVe6mnCo

[video=youtube;aW6GVe6mnCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW6GVe6mnCo[/video]

Reaction score
he should jump off a cliff.

its not really fair to review the car, and make it look good, when its beat to hell and mostly stock. do the appropriate mods to actually make the car perform the way it needs to and the review will be totally different. this is an example of a neglected car

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
he should jump off a cliff.

its not really fair to review the car, and make it look good, when its beat to hell and mostly stock. do the appropriate mods to actually make the car perform the way it needs to and the review will be totally different. this is an example of a neglected car

THANK YOU. My thoughts exactly. The title should have said "review of a craigslist special" - Its not right to summarize the entire sn95 nation with a neglected $500 example.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Jesus, where do i begin.

Way too many things wrong with this video. Maybe he should review a stock '91 fox instead and see how it handles and how well the interior has held up, ****ing idiot.

Reaction score
I don't read or watch reviews because I don't care what people think.

*droptop to most the world*

6482640.jpg

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I don't read or watch reviews because I don't care what people think.

Im with you their Bob, popped up on the feed and figured it would be a good conversation piece here on the forums. :thumbsup:

Reaction score
Im with you their Bob, popped up on the feed and figured it would be a good conversation piece here on the forums. :thumbsup:

*hashtag* you know youre a sn95 owner when: you can dissect every bit of this "review" and spit straight wisdom in the form of burns to the reviewer and make him wish he did his studying

Nighttrain

Reaction score
This guys an idiot. Hes the same shmuck that made a video of chasing pokedouches. You cant "review" a stock 18 yr old car, that wasnt taken care of. If you notice at the beginning of the video he did say the sn95 has a "cult" following. Heee, thats us. To be honest, i dont care what people say about a certain vehicle. I might watch a motortrend video of a brand new car bug most of the time im dreaming.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting: apparently, I wasn't as put off by the video as a lot of you guys. In all fairness, a lot of his "gripes" are legitimate ones (let's be honest - the stock suspension is, in fact, shit. He's not wrong there, and I'm being a little harsher then he was.) He's talking about a 20 year old car that was owned by 8 people, and apparently "worked on" as the ABS was missing. His friend bought the car for $500 - put another $2000 in it on God knows what - but essentially ended up with a pretty stockish 96 for $2.5K. That's kind of really not bad, and where a lot of us start off. Some of his knowledge seems questionable (for example, I don't know about the 96, but the hood vents in my 95 are functional - meaning they are open and not closed off, and I didn't make them that way), but I don't really feel that he was actually ragging on the car.

I think the biggest complaint I have with the video is that he often talks about the issues as if they were there from the factory when it was new (and some of them were, i.e. suspension), rather than because the car is 20 years (20! O_O) old. So I think he's kind an idiot for not really making that too clear. But I sort of treated it as his review of his buddy's $500 96 SN95, which is kind of what I expected to hear about a 20 year old $500 SN95. Actually, it could have been a lot worse (hell, mine was when I got it). <shrug>

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
a lot of his "gripes" are legitimate ones (let's be honest - the stock suspension is, in fact, shit. He's not wrong there, and I'm being a little harsher then he was.) He's talking about a 20 year old car that was owned by 8 people, and apparently "worked on" as the ABS was missing. His friend bought the car for $500 - put another $2000 in it on God knows what - but essentially ended up with a pretty stockish 96 for $2.5K. That's kind of really not bad, and where a lot of us start off. Some of his knowledge seems questionable (for example, I don't know about the 96, but the hood vents in my 95 are functional - meaning they are open and not closed off, and I didn't make them that way), but I don't really feel that he was actually ragging on the car.

I think the biggest complaint I have with the video is that he often talks about the issues as if they were there from the factory when it was new (and some of them were, i.e. suspension), rather than because the car is 20 years (20! O_O) old. So I think he's kind an idiot for not really making that too clear. But I sort of treated it as his review of his buddy's $500 96 SN95, which is kind of what I expected to hear about a 20 year old $500 SN95. Actually, it could have been a lot worse (hell, mine was when I got it). <shrug>

The title should have said "review of a craigslist special" - Its not right to summarize the entire sn95 nation with a neglected $500 example.

:thumbsup:^^

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Wow 8 owners and no one lowered it... "The old days of Ford" Funny.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Interesting: apparently, I wasn't as put off by the video as a lot of you guys. In all fairness, a lot of his "gripes" are legitimate ones (let's be honest - the stock suspension is, in fact, shit. He's not wrong there, and I'm being a little harsher then he was.) He's talking about a 20 year old car that was owned by 8 people, and apparently "worked on" as the ABS was missing. His friend bought the car for $500 - put another $2000 in it on God knows what - but essentially ended up with a pretty stockish 96 for $2.5K. That's kind of really not bad, and where a lot of us start off. Some of his knowledge seems questionable (for example, I don't know about the 96, but the hood vents in my 95 are functional - meaning they are open and not closed off, and I didn't make them that way), but I don't really feel that he was actually ragging on the car.

I still think hes a douche hehe

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think its unfair to hold a generation of mustang up for the world to judge on a youtube video by using a hand-me-down Frankenstein car as the model.

He has points -- THAT car's brakes suck for example. But that doesnt mean that all SN95 brakes suck, nor does it mean they were under-performing at the time of their release.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online