another CEL!

White 96GT

Reaction score
Well I'm sixteen and only have about 200 bucks to my name and all the sudden the CEL comes on while driving to autozone. It surged like 5 times and then the CEL came on Other than those surges it runs fine just as normal.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
what code did you pull?

oh and, i live my life one CEL at a time...but thats from no cats and no MILs. 8)

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
I pulled p151 or 1151 or something like that is says fuel/air mixture so I'm pretty sure its rear o2? So now the question is due I spend my money on a tuner, new o2s, or some mil elimenators? I wish I had the money for a tuner but I don't. Do you think cleaning the sensors would work?

GDawg

Reaction score
White 96GT said:
I pulled p151 or 1151 or something like that is says fuel/air mixture so I'm pretty sure its rear o2? So now the question is due I spend my money on a tuner, new o2s, or some mil elimenators? I wish I had the money for a tuner but I don't. Do you think cleaning the sensors would work?

If it's a P1151... your front drivers side 02 sensor is probably bad. $60 at autozone. Mine threw that code a few months back.

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
Yeah I went out to auto zone and had a friend of mine look it up on the computer. I could seem to find the one that I was looking for though. Do you remember what brand you used? Also did you use the universal model or the oem?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea..im pulling some codes too...I pull 1152..Im pretty sure my 02 sensors in the front might be bad..but theyre expensive

GDawg

Reaction score
White 96GT said:
Yeah I went out to auto zone and had a friend of mine look it up on the computer. I could seem to find the one that I was looking for though. Do you remember what brand you used? Also did you use the universal model or the oem?

Bosch

part number #13127

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch G-dawg but I figured out the problem! I found out that I just needed to clean my MAF sensor out! I just got done cleaning my filter like last week then boom check engine light. So I put one and one together and I just finished a 20mile test drive to make sure it stayed off.

GDawg

Reaction score
White 96GT said:
Thanks a bunch G-dawg but I figured out the problem! I found out that I just needed to clean my MAF sensor out! I just got done cleaning my filter like last week then boom check engine light. So I put one and one together and I just finished a 20mile test drive to make sure it stayed off.

Cool...! O0

It's nice when you don't have to spend money on something like that. I have other things I'd rather spend my money on... :drunk:

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
yeah I know what you mean. I have all kinds of things to spend money on being as I'm 16 lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online