Another motor swap is underway

sn95jones

Reaction score
Well as you all know Scarlett (My 98 GT) over a year ago got a PI motor swap. At the time I was thrilled about having the new motor. Now I am looking to upgrade, yet again.
This time I am going 4v. I am on the hunt for a low mileage 4v. Not planning on doing the swap, next week or next month but as the next few months progress I intend to get started on the swap.
The PI motor has been great thus far but I'm tired of having having a 2v. I even tossed the idea around about dropping in an LS1. That idea got thrown out the window real quick when I remembered how well GM and I get along.
So it was between the 5.4 swap and a 4v swap and the 4v stuck. I am not sure if I want to go through with a Cobra conversion either that idea is still being tossed around as well.

This year's plans are to drop in a 4v and repaint the car.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

RichV

Reaction score
What do you feel a 2V lacks?

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Well as you all know Scarlett (My 98 GT) over a year ago got a PI motor swap. At the time I was thrilled about having the new motor. Now I am looking to upgrade, yet again.
This time I am going 4v. I am on the hunt for a low mileage 4v. Not planning on doing the swap, next week or next month but as the next few months progress I intend to get started on the swap.
The PI motor has been great thus far but I'm tired of having having a 2v. I even tossed the idea around about dropping in an LS1. That idea got thrown out the window real quick when I remembered how well GM and I get along.
So it was between the 5.4 swap and a 4v swap and the 4v stuck. I am not sure if I want to go through with a Cobra conversion either that idea is still being tossed around as well.

This year's plans are to drop in a 4v and repaint the car.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

If you need a 03 mach1 ECM I have one for sale.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Why not throw a blower or turbo on it before you throw in another motor?

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Plan to spend $$$$$$$. This is coming from someone who's built four valves. It's a commitment.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Jones doing 4v swap?

i8jnKGh.gif

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
you might as well put a supercharger and tune because the 4v swap isnt worth it especially only for 20-30 more horsepower lol.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
A good blower setup will give you an amazingly big increase for very little work and very little money. 4v swap isn't worth it unless you plan on dropping in an 03 cobra drivetrain, and if you want to do that I hope you're ready to spend $10k.

the.greg

Reaction score
Thread title is very misleading... Nothing underway here.

I agree that its extremely cost inefficient to toss in a 4v, when a blower will provide significantly more bang for the buck.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Go with a blower. I have a 4V and wish I had a 2v with a blower; much cheaper that way. A 4V swap will only be worth it if you get a mach 1 engine or 03/04 Cobra engine. A b head motor is a waste of time; ask me how I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online