Another motor swap is underway

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
If you going to do a 4v swap why not a coyote? You can get a coyote harness ecm and turbo for close to a 03/04 slobra swap and be a good 100 over a 03/04 swap. Or do the good ole trusty push rod swap!

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Might help you decide,,,,,,my 351 cam was $360ish. The cams for my old mach were $1300! My 351 should make in the 6's to the wheels the mach would have been in the 4's/5's but with a shit ton more cheddar.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
If you going to do a 4v swap why not a coyote? You can get a coyote harness ecm and turbo for close to a 03/04 slobra swap and be a good 100 over a 03/04 swap. Or do the good ole trusty push rod swap!

He he could also grab the 2011+ F150 5.0 and toss a boss manifold on there and be into it even cheaper.

Granted the Cams, intake and the tunning are different. The compression is down to 10.5:1 and the truck has a diffrent oil cooler setup. I don't think it has the piston coolers either.

Even still with a Full exhaust intake and tune it can be pretty stout little motor.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
You guys have a completely different mind set towards putting money into your Mustang than I do. I'm not after horsepower, I am trying to make something worth showing off. I could care less what it will trap down a 1/4 and I could care less if it makes any more than 305hp.
All I want is a good looking 98 with a nice DOHC under the hood with enough power to get out of its own way.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I am confused by this. lol.

haha ah me too

You guys have a completely different mind set towards putting money into your Mustang than I do. I'm not after horsepower, I am trying to make something worth showing off. I could care less what it will trap down a 1/4 and I could care less if it makes any more than 305hp.
All I want is a good looking 98 with a nice DOHC under the hood with enough power to get out of its own way.

thats what were saying though man. A 96-98 cobra motor is going to run you 1g-3G. I have seen 2 here for 600 they were gone within 15-30 min of the ad posting or I was going to flip them.

A New 5.0 will run you 1800 or so from a F150. And then you don't have to get the Boss manifold just ab the Mustang engine cover for the coyote.

Were trying to steer you the direction not only be more power. More unique, better mpg, and looks damn good.

A blower would be a better investment and a better "show piece".

i agree also

nice shiny Vortech or a big ole fat KB

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
:snoopfacepalm:

All I want is a good looking 98 with a nice DOHC under the hood with enough power to get out of its own way

You need this in your life:

179556d1330880574-f-t-only-jdm-b16-98-civic-ex-si-clone-c-p-s-944.jpg

You can trick it out to the MAX and never worry about going fast!!! Don't forget this:

31NIo6ntR3L._SY450_.jpg

alex302

Reaction score
I love my 4v swap best thing ive done to my 95 and I have a mach front cover, intake and some other parts. Heres a sneak peek was to why I have these parts.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score

Are you under the false impression that people will be blown away that you did a 4v swap in your '96-'98 GT?

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score

Kinda sounds like you have your mind made up on it having to be a 4v.

The D3V

TanTop94

Reaction score
I dont think there hasnt been a swap done on a mustang that people dont know about....5.0, 5.4, 2v, 4v, Coyote, LSX, 2jz. Every forced induction has been done....if you are that crazy about doing a 4v then by all means do it if you want to be one of the many, but you will always be one of the many doing any swap or induction on a mustang. If you want your car to get out of its own way then by all means please just put a blower on it. It looks nice, you can polish it or spray it, and everyone always loves the surprise of a FI car that looks completely stock.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you just want it too look good get some custom paint/body work done. Never heard of anyone wanting to put in a better looking motor, or at least that being the only reason they want to swap it.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
put a bmw v8 in it! that's something to show off if you can pull it off lol.

96gt4.6

Reaction score
not sure if all the hate is towards jones or the 4v swap. I love my 4v and it is definitely a show piece and produces more power and has a stronger block. I would do another 4v in a heart beat, buy a wreaked cobra pull parts needed and part the rest and make most your money back. It can be a really cheap swap when done right

TanTop94

Reaction score
Without taking into consideration who is doing the swap, the swap itself is something that has been done before and while some people do enjoy their 4v most do it the first time around....he just put in a PI motor not to long ago so why not boost it and have a nice time?

teal95gt

Reaction score
Just get a f-150 coyote it is literally same engine outside of compression and has a different exhaust cam.... with a full 3" exhaust, a cai and a tune you're looking at easily 400hp+ on top of that great drivability and good mpg. From a DD point of view it is a no brainer it is just a matter of how much money you want to spend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.