Another School shooting in Colorado today. 12/13/13

Discussion in 'Politics & World News' started by Darhawk, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Darhawk

Darhawk Well-Known Member

2. white95

white95 Apex Junky Admin

I agree.. It's a damn shame the frequency this keeps happening in our nation. It's pretty senseless.. What ever happened to just meeting after school to fight one on one until the score was settled? Idk how [MENTION=10830]MustangChris[/MENTION] ever made it through high school alive..

3. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I think we need too stop showing who the person is/was that did it as there are a lot of sicko's out there that will do anything too be famous. Its like the MLB when a fan runs on the field most of them will say what happened but they stopped trying too show it as some people did it just for that reason.

On a side note I sold my smith and Wesson stock this morning. Wonder now if I should have held it but can't complain on making %50 back on it.

4. TheDeafElectrician

TheDeafElectrician Member

Fist fights are the way of the duel. It turns into an assault. How 2 people can legally assault eachother, idk. it seems like that should be reserved for a victim/aggressor situation .

the need for the strong to carry the weak in america today is what keeps us from thriving.

"equality" movements do not bring the disadvantaged up. It brings the advantaged down.

imagine if professional sports went the way of little league sports where everyone is a winner. We wouldnt be as competitive internationally.

sounds almost like im speaking about economics instead of sports now doesnt it?

5. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I can't remember which state it is(texas maybe) that it is legal for two mutual combatants to fight each other as long as it doesn't go too far(once someone is out/down its over). I didn't believe it till I saw a vid on youtube somewhere that showed two guys start too fight and a cop walked up. The cop just asked them both if they wanted to fight and they said yes so he watched till one was out....

I have no kids so I shat myself when I heard about little leagues not keeping scores anymore. What the hell is that crap about...

6. TheDeafElectrician

I grew up in tx and my father in law is a long time LEO.

its still ilegal to fight in texas but the officers dont try to break it up to mitigate risk. Its easier to control a situation from out of arms reach.

I was charged with assault with a non deadly at 15 foe pegging a kid at school with a tennis ball in gym.

center mass too and it was all in fun. Shine is getting crazy nowadays.

soon the relation ship between child and parent will be a domestic symbiotic relationship controlled by sanctioning bodies.

you should watch Equilibrium if you have never seen it.

7. MustangChris

MustangChris Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

i was bullied my first year.

then the bully dropped out and is probably sucking cocks for nickles right now (sad to say).

I never had another issue. :)

and yes, another mass-shooting in CO. greeaaaat. :-/

for those curious here's what we're being told so far:

1 student shooter, shotgun
    came into school looking for a teacher. asked where the teacher was.
    teacher got word of the student "hunting" him and left the school building.
    girl student tried to step in and talk with the shooter - she was shot and is in critical condition.
    another student is hurt (minor injuries).
    shooter committed suicide.

for the record:
    columbine was carried out by white kids in the upper-middle class school.
    this was done in the upper-middle class school.

I grew up in Aurora. one of the "shady" parts of town. Never a school shooting.

goes to show you -- guns will get into the hands of maniacs regardless of upbringing and economical conditions.

8. ttocs

ttocs Legend

who brought up race/color/creed in this situation?

9. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

It has no meaning whether you're a rich bastard, middle class, or living in poverty. I saw this on the news while I was at the diner, didn't even want to finish my meal. It's honestly terrible. Economic status or racial status has zero to do with taking a loaded weapon into a school or public place and shooting innocent people. I have no clue what went on in this shooting, only from what you guys posted. But obviously this shooter had beef with a certain teacher and wanted to kill he/she.. I just don't get it, what kind of a sick **** do you have to be do have thoughts like this? And please let's not blame gun control because the same can be done with a knife, machete, or setting a fire.

10. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

I don't think anyone did, just think MC was trying to put a point across is all

11. MustangChris

i did.

12. TheDeafElectrician

To be fair, in more violent schools, its made a smaller issue because its almost expected.

Remember the huge covergae of urban gang violence in rhe mid nineties?

Im sure plenty of them happenes at schools only is was covered as gang violence instead. Its just propoganda.

13. ttocs

ttocs Legend

just wasn't sure why race/sex/income needed to be brought up because as you said, it could be anyone. Doesn't matter what color/creed the kid was, still horrible.

14. MustangChris

because it was going to be brought up eventually. MIght as well just stamp out what's running through everyone's mind now, right?

It'd be a little more understandable if you lived in a city that keeps getting ravaged by school shootings... .... ... The national conversation is always about inner-city kids shooting eachother for a dime-bag, or whatever. .... in Colorado's case its been 100% the opposite 100% of the time.

15. TheDeafElectrician

To be fair, the is more gang related violence in say LA than in Denver.

There is also a very likely correlation between the demographics and whose commiting crimes.

For instance, 99% of domestic violence between married couples is between a man and woman. I wonder why?

16. chris91

chris91 Well-Known Member

This shit makes me sick. Definitely worries me as a parent. A little relief is my son is a Sophmore so he is close to being out. My daughter is only in 7th though. I do believe every school should have armed guards at all entrances and exits. There are plenty of people out there without employment, just creates more jobs and helps save lives. I will definitely say a prayer for the shooters family(imagine being related to someone like that....) and that the girl will pull through.

17. RichV

RichV Well-Known Member

Ug. I'm moving to Canada.

18. TheDeafElectrician

Allow teachers to concealed carry.simple.

19. chris91

chris91 Well-Known Member

Not really, they could still get into the school and what happens when they bust in the door of a classroom and the teacher has his/her back to the chalkboard?

20. ttocs

ttocs Legend

most of the teachers I know that have guns have said that if they had one at school that there might be bad day for them that the kids would need to carry for their protection.... I can remember more then a few days in school where we were just messing with the teacher too see how long till he/she exploded.