Anrev's build thread

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Congrads!
new motor and all that will feel great.
It's nice to go through everything else too, like spring cleaning your car!

OP
OP
A

Anrev

Reaction score
Small update....

ENGINE CAME!!!!!

stang10.jpg

stang11.jpg

stang12.jpg

Aint it purrrrdy?! :rockyou: :banana:

Spyder

Reaction score
Looks good!!!

I just finished mine up, and man is that a sense of accomplishment!!

DOING YOUR OWN LABOR FTMFW :banana:

OP
OP
A

Anrev

Reaction score
So there was a bit of snow the other day...

stang13.jpg

So it was a but cold to do much work. I did get a little bit of painting done.

stang14.jpg

Going to polish the top fins and then clear them to protect them from Mag Chloride.

I did find out that I will have to swap over the water pump, timing cover and oil pan. The oil pan because of the low oil level sensor.

OP
OP
A

Anrev

Reaction score
Updates.
stang17.jpg

The engine is almost ready to drop in. Got most stuff test fit. Going to need a spacer and to do some trimming for clearance on the plenum. I want to upgrade to a Typhoon or Explorer GT40. But the $$$ has just about dried up so I will have to make due with what I have for now.

stang18.jpg

So I got the old pan off today to clean and see what actually went on the old engine. I dont have all the caps off yet but #4 so far looks to be the one that went.

stang19.jpg

stang20.jpg

stang21.jpg

stang22.jpg

Hicks

Reaction score
eh... ruff. But nice new engine yay!

97blackgt

Reaction score
lookking good...damn snow is falling here right now :noes:

OP
OP
A

Anrev

Reaction score
I got the rear seat back from the upholster last night!!! :rockyou:

stangint09.jpg

:banana:

OP
OP
A

Anrev

Reaction score
FINALLY had some nice weather to work on the car. Got the CDC light bar mostly installed. Gotta do a little more trimming on the panels for them to fit around the bar properly. Also got all the wires run for the stereo. Now I just have to hook them all up and tie them out of the way. It'll be an 1100 watt stereo when Im finished. That aint alot by todays standards. But its plenty for me.

stang23.jpg

stang24.jpg

I got the 1" spacer for the intake and it lifted the upper intake more than I needed. So I am going to have the machine shop at work mill off 1/8". That should give me a 1/16" clearance with the valve covers and HOPEFULLY clear the hood too.

Tomorrow? If the weather holds off till the afternoon then Ill get the exhaust installed and get her back on her wheels. O0

skidude69

Reaction score
I see you have put the new amps in the factory location next to the convert pump. I have been planning to replace my system also and have been trying to figure out the largest amps that will fit, what brand and model number are those amps and do they seem to have plenty of room in the stock location?

Thanks!

OP
OP
A

Anrev

Reaction score
There is a good bit of room there for amps once you cut the studs out. More on the right than left because of wiring for the pump.
The one you can see in the pic is a Pioneer 700W amp for the sub. It is more than double the length of the stocker and several inches wider. So it sticks out into the trunk area a little bit. I am cutting off the studs that the stockers mounted too so the new amps will sit flat. What you dont see is 2 more Sony 250w 2 channel amps. 1 in the stock location on the left side (runs the front door speakers and tweeter) and one more directly behind the vert pump (for the rear speakers and tweeters). If I were to change anything I would put a single 4 channel amp on the left where the stocker went. This has got to be the easiest stereo install Ive done. With the seats out of the way you have access to everything.

My car had the Mach at one time. But when I got it the head units were gone and a POS Kennwood deck was cobbled in there. So I cut the POS out and removed all the 460 parts that were left. I am running all new wires for the speakers and power to the amps. But I did make use of the 460 speaker mounts to put all my Pioneer Premier speakers in. ;) Everything is Pioneer except for the 2 Sony amps (on clearance at Walmart) and the head unit which is also Sony. When you turn the stereo off the front screen is completely blank. You cant even tell there is a stereo there.

skidude69

Reaction score
Ok, so you are running the front tweets and doors on the same channel right? Are you also running all four rear speakers off 2 channels?

I was thinking of (2) 2 channel amps 1 for the front door speakers and 1 for the rear vert speakers. I have a nice pioneer head unit and plan on running all new speaker wires to the amps and was toying on using the head unit built in amp to run the tweets.

Thanks!

OP
OP
A

Anrev

Reaction score
Actually I need to correct myself. I am running the front speakers and tweets through a crossover off of the same amp. But I am running the rear 6.5" speakers solely off the other amp. The rear 3.5" speaker is being run off the head unit. They are the only ones not going through an amp.

OP
OP
A

Anrev

Reaction score
Got the rear seat installed! Major mile stone! I was hoping to get more of the interior from my friend last night. But works been crazy for both of us so he hasnt got anymore done. But Ill have the door panels and center console lid by Sat night. And the stereo is finished too. I thought Id get the engine in yesterday or today. But I have to wait for a friend to have some time off. Which is tomorrow. So hopefully tomorrow.....

Pics.
stang25.jpg

stang26.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online