Any 02 GT owners here?

StangerBanger

Reaction score
I currently own a 94 gt and im looking to add another pony to the stable, I currently have the opportunity to trade one of my dirt bikes for an 02 gt that has a "MOTOR KNOCK" im guessing its a spun rod, but this is not an issue because the car also comes with a spare parts motor, and I work in an automotive machine shop, so my resources are endless. Im seriously considering getting this car.. im justsort of looking for some more input on the new edge ponies.. how do you guys like them? Is there anything I should look for specifically when I go to look at the car? What are some common problems that come along on these? any other things I should know before I take on this project? And also if anybody could tell me if these 4.6s land in the windsor family or romeo or?? Thanks!

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
02 is Romeo. 02 should also have the metal crossover on the intake, which 96-00 had a plastic crossover that cracked all the time and leaked coolant. Check to make sure the spark plugs are tight, I had one blow out on me due to the stupid 4 thread head, and it cost me a lot of time to replace the head on it. Then again in 02 it might not be an issue.. But check it anyways. Other than that just the basics, make sure it's not rotted out, body is straight, the kinds of things you'd look for in any used car.

These cars are great. When properly taken care of they can run forever. My 01 GT has 153k on the clock and I beat the ever living shit out of it, and it still runs strong (minus the the 3rd gear lockout and 4th gear grind from no lifting at the track haha). They can take a beating. I say go for it

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Lol my GT randomly lost oil pressure on the highway a spun a bearing. only had 105k on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online