OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Re: any boby own this?

Here is how the RAVELCO works . . .
The Ravelco Anti Theft Device is installed in an easily accessible place under or flush mounted in the dashboard. A removable 16 pin male plug (which when not in use connects to your key chain) makes all the electronic connections. A hidden armored steel cable protects the wires from the rear of the RAVELCO base on through to the engine compartment where all the connections are made and camouflaged. When the plug is removed from the RAVELCO, it is impossible to start the vehicle. There are more than 100,000 different combinations. NO MASTER PLUGS. An impossible obstacle for even the most persistent thief.

The site is: http://www.ravelco.com.

Since they have been in business, no car has been stolen with this installed. It comes with a million dollar warranty!! My car is irreplaceable to me, so this is great!! Highly recommended!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

I think around $160-ish. I have had it over 2 years probably. Sorry, my memory stinks!!

ryclef331

Reaction score

Killer_Attack_Dog.jpg

Here is my anti theft device.

wytstang

Reaction score

I think that is a careless company :slap: they are giving intructions on how to by-pass Fords/Chevys/Mopar/Toyo sycurity system. Well no wonders there's works and others don't, they tell you how to take other peoples shit :nonono:
GM's PASSlock II, FORD's SecuriLock, CHRYSLER’s SentryKey and TOYOTA’s Engine Immobilizer - These transponder based anti theft systems consist of a computer chip imbedded in the ignition key itself which emits a signal to the vehicle’s computer system in the steering column to identify the "real" ignition key and allow the vehicle to start. These systems are factory installed, on almost all the new GM, FORD, CHRYSLER and TOYOTA vehicles, at no charge. These systems keep honest people honest and are very easy to bypass. All a thief has to do is cut the black wire in the three wire ribbon cable located under the dash and measure the resistance between the black wire and the yellow starter wire with a volt meter. They then touch the two wires with the matching resistor and the vehicle will start. This sounds complicated, but only takes about 20 seconds to defeat . . . which is probably why the factory installs these systems free. These systems are not very effective and they are bypassed all the time. Recently, a national automotive magazine published information on how to bypass these systems. Some salespeople tell their customers that because of this factory installed system, they do not need any extra security for their vehicle, but this is NOT TRUE!

wytstang

Reaction score

Yeah I think my GIF files in my sig say it/show it best what I think of them.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score

:lol:

anyways its a cool device but not for $300+

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score

wow they tell ya how to break into cars. thats a great way to make people buy their product... interesting device but i wont be getting one. i should get an alarm though

ryclef331

Reaction score

you guys act like its so hard to find and split then hide a couple of wires. disable either the fuel pump or ignition.......it THAT easy. It should take one swithc and wire a pioece.....location is up to your imagination.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

yeah best is what I had in my 91 5.0 I had a cut off switch that lead to my MSD box, hidden in a spot no one would find thats easy to get to inside. The cost was a whopping $5.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score

ya a hidden kill switch is a good idea but i want an alarm to detour them (or let me know when it is going on) from breaking into it and stealing my shit out of it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online

No members online now.