Any company make inlays for these wheels?

dwcopple

Reaction score
I have these and think a carbon, gloss black, or gunmetal inlay would look incredible in the recessed portion. Anybody seen them for sale?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220531-123719_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220531-123719_eBay.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 3

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
never seen it but it would not be too hard to paint them. Not sure I would go with a crazy color but a little different shade could be cool.

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
I was hoping someone offered some in carbon vinyl

joemomma

Reaction score
They had a store at one time best I remember, and I think the 35th anniversary cars had a stripe in the groove. Been a minute since I visited though.

badass98svt

Reaction score
They had a store at one time best I remember, and I think the 35th anniversary cars had a stripe in the groove. Been a minute since I visited though.

Yeah, I looked last night MW, is long gone. Or, at least the old site is.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Could a print shop make a set for you? Maybe you could measure the dimensions OR
if they have a scanner then pick a pattern and viola! Along the lines of a full car wrap only a lot smaller and a bunch of small pieces.
Just a thought…

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
Sort of. These wheels are dished and the horse is raised

Wmac

Reaction score
These are the new edge wheel inserts from mustangworld that is mentioned above. I only used the running horse for the centre caps, not the spoke insert stripes. They would send extra's, that is why there is 5 sets of stripes. (and a running horse)
Color is a matte/semi-gloss black.
If you are interested in the spoke inserts, lmk.

Pic of my wheels.IMG_20200817_095110.jpg

Wmac

Reaction score
OK. Here's my offer to you. The stripes are n/c, I will mail by Canada Post, you must agree to never sell them if not used. Pass them on to someone else. ( I've had them since Feb/02)

If you do install them, please post a pic installed on your ride on this thread.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Where are you located?

I'm in Hamilton, Ontario Canada.

Wow man, what's the chances you had those laying around. I haven't seen a set in years.
They had those vinyl door handle overlays too. Hell, they may have been the first to sell the rear bumper inserts.

I was a member over there back in the early 2000s.

Wmac

Reaction score
Some of us must be of similar age. (and habits) Had the 16" wheels, so bought the cap inserts and bumper inserts. Neighbor down the street saw the bumper inserts and asked me to get a set for his 4 cyl fox vert. His was older than me, so I installed them for him. Both of us still have our rides today.
Then bought the 17" wheels in 01. Had to had the cap overlay, think the running horse on the centre caps just jump right out. Spoke inserts just didn't appeal to me. Still have the original packaging, invoice, 2 extra running horse and a couple of bumper letters.
They sent extra's in case you fudged-up and shipped very quickly. Those were the days.

Happy to pass these on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010