Any estimates?

Stock982v

Reaction score
I have a 98 gt and wondered what I could do in the ¼ if I had this setup. 75mm Tb CAI , 4.10 gears 26 radials and a 100 shot , Npi and automatic. Anyone have a setup similar to that? (Yes I plan to pi swap)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
asking what time you might get is about the same as telling us to pull your finger. Between drivers, tires, temps and then all the motor shtuff asking for estimates of what time you can get is not as much fun as we hope.

RichV

Reaction score
Depending on weight, traction, and driving ability, my guess would be high 12 or low 13.

You're at sea level, but my 86 AOD GT with a 100 shot ran 13.5 at Bandimere years back. Fairly stock with stock 3:08 gearing, but it's a little lighter. That's my guess.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I was in the low 15s on a 90 degree day with a 5 speed and pi cams/ intake, 78mm TB. That was the only time I've been to the track. I'd imagine with a 100 shot and cooler temps that rich's estimate would be attainable for your car. There are too many variables to give a completely accurate estimate but the best way to see is to go to the track

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I had to add an automatic shift kit sreet /strip
373 gear take out the cats
Add some octain and a boost pump
And I was just about 14s
It dose take a lot
The one reason I'm going with a mach1 engine
I may end up putting some 410 on the rears
I like my 98 gt I'm going to up grade

Reaction score
Yeah, somewhere in the 13s. If you had a converter so you could get a good 60 ft and a good DA day/night it just might run a 12.9. I've seen some NPI cars put up numbers that they really shouldn't. The best times normally come in the spring and fall times in the racing season.

Makoto

Reaction score
after going my build one benefit of the coyote swap that doesn't get much mention is the modern computer and sensors you have at your disposal.
if i were to do it all again i would seriously consider it.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
after going my build one benefit of the coyote swap that doesn't get much mention is the modern computer and sensors you have at your disposal.
if i were to do it all again i would seriously consider it.
What modern sensors are you talking about?

Makoto

Reaction score
What modern sensors are you talking about?

wideband o2's, knock sensors that actually work, modern computers that have the processing power necessary to manage the engine a lot better. stuff like that.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
wideband o2's, knock sensors that actually work, modern computers that have the processing power necessary to manage the engine a lot better. stuff like that.
I gotcha. You know, all of that can be accomplished with your current engine and an aftermarket ecu. The kicker about the coyote is how much power it makes even when it’s stock, and you retain fuel economy.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
A friend down the street is telling me it kills him to drive his dodge charger hell cat the fuel mileage must suck at a time like this
Gas here is 4.80 in majority of places

Makoto

Reaction score
I gotcha. You know, all of that can be accomplished with your current engine and an aftermarket ecu. The kicker about the coyote is how much power it makes even when it’s stock, and you retain fuel economy.

right, but you gotta pay for the harness and the tuner and now you're like 2500 in the hole with a pretty great setup but its no longer oem like. which may be fine, its just not as plug and play.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online