Any experience with Astro A5?

seantesarski

Reaction score
I've been doing lots of reading on Astro Performance and people seem to love the A5 transmission. They also have gear sets, just wondering what the weak link is on the T5...

410sn95

Reaction score
T-5 weak links... where do we start? lol!!!

3rd gear, 5th gear, input shaft is to far out of the oil bath, the case itself is weak... and on and on. The aftermarket gear sets are nice but if your making big power, the t-5 WILL blow up, even with good internals.

I will add, I have experience with G-force gear sets and have driven a Astro t-5 car. The Astro seemed louder than the G-force, for what its worth.

OP
OP
seantesarski

seantesarski

Reaction score
T-5 weak links... where do we start? lol!!!

3rd gear, 5th gear, input shaft is to far out of the oil bath, the case itself is weak... and on and on. The aftermarket gear sets are nice but if your making big power, the t-5 WILL blow up, even with good internals.

I will add, I have experience with G-force gear sets and have driven a Astro t-5 car. The Astro seemed louder than the G-force, for what its worth.

Yeah I heard the early Astros were loud but apparently thats been a fix as of late. I keep hearing the TKO's shift like a bus. Maybe I'll try to keep the stock t5 going for this season and just swap to auto next year

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think if you're going to go with built T5 internals you might as well upgrade the case too. It starts to get expensive which is why i said screw it and went with a T56.

410sn95

Reaction score
With todays choices, I totally agree with Onyx.

I will say I have been impressed with my G-force, though. Has held up somewhat well all things considered. Honestly, I didn't think it would last as long as it did.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
With your mods I don't think you have much to worry about with a t5. Unless its already worn out,or you cant shift?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online