Any Lightning owners here?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i think i pry should have got one instead of the stang... but they are hard to come by up here and i would have a loan for 2x as much as my stang so that is the main reason. about a month after i bought the stang i saw a nice black one at a dealership... i didnt even bother to go look at it cuz i was dissapointed it wasnt there sooner :-\ Every once in awhile i am tempted to sell the 95 and get a lightning... but i would pry loose too much on the stang. If i got a good offer for it out of the blue id take it...

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
im not a big fan of the blue, but other than that (and the price lol) its pretty nice. id like to have a 600 hp truck

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
im not a big fan of the blue, but other than that (and the price lol) its pretty nice. id like to have a 600 hp truck

you dont like the blue ??? I think its HOT, there are two diffent ones, the first one was a dark blue then Ford changed it to the Sonic blue. I would want either of the blue's or BLACK 8) 8)

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
im just not a big fan of it. Not saying they look terrible i just like the other colors better... it is better then the red though (red is one of my least favorite colors period)
I like this one a little better low miles and great color. I like the black,silver, white, grey lightnings (dont know the exact name of each but you get the idea)

on a side note i searched within 300 miles and only found 13... man SD is a bitch when it comes to this stuff :nonono:

97vertstang

Reaction score
oh ok, if ur going to keep ur 99, go for the lightning :thumb: and procharge ur 99!!!!!!!!!!!!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
check this one out

look at the LIC plate in one of those pics 8)

I like the Dark Blue ones, when i got rid of my 01 my GF was happy because she hated driving it but when that dark blue color came out even she liked it.

ck5.0

Reaction score
hey do you know what kind of gains those ported blowers with the pulley gives?
[/quote]

This is all my brother had on is 2000 lightning and he dyno'd 396 rwhp and 498 rwtq before he had the C&L inlet and Plenum

Johnny Lightning Cold Air
C&L inlet
C&L plenum
Ford Racing 90mm mass air
LFP 6 pound lower pulley
2 pound upper
LFP tensioner brace and 100mm idler pulleys
Super Chip
Steigemer porting

I don't know. I am not diggin the blue. The engine stuff looks very purple in the pics.

97vertstang

Reaction score
the truck looks great but i wouldnt buy a car with performance items. it takes all the fun of modding it urself. look for a stock one in the low 20s high teens.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am going to be doing a lot of research on these baby's now...........I'm hooked on getting one. I went over to SVTP and looked at their Lightning section,........very interesting. These trucks are Tq monsters ^-^ ^-^ i bet they pin your ass in the seat til the throttle is let up :banana:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
wow that blue one was beautiful.... the licence plate was funny and that motor was killer looking!!!!! your making me want to sell the stangs now!

97vertstang

Reaction score
lightnings have lots of torque, i dont know much about them except for the regualr stuff. 5.4L 2 valve supercharged and i know they got forged pistons, i have no idea about the rods and crank, they should be pretty stout pieces. a lightning is a great daily driver, its a truck so u can take anything, great power, and automatic. my 97 was automatic, my lx is stick , here in cali when theres a lot of traffic, believe me u HATE stick !!!!!i dont know how bad traffic is in north carolina , but been automatic sure does help for daily driver. and u can have ur 99 as ur weekend crusier/ play toy.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im very good with Children, plus I do my chores :)

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im only about 2 years younger then you, kid :ass3:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i wasnt making a reference to your actual age, more of the "kid at heart" or the person that never grew up kind of deal... basically i was giving ya shit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.