Any Lightning owners here?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
of course what do ya expect, ya have a pacific green car... atleast it aint red ;D

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
So you guys want to move in huh? ;D ;D I can take you for a ride, but I dont think the wife would agree to having a few of you move in with us .

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i get to move in, because we can swap rims so if i feel like having hypercoated one day and you want black one day, we can be ballin... :eek: 8) :rollinglaugh:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Fets said:
Silver FR500's FTW

pointlaff.gif
<----- Fets

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Lol that ballin' gif made me put the song on. :dancing6:

Dude! Snake man, stick with one or the other, i say screw that thundestorm truck type thing or whatever you call it and throw that 10k worth of loot into the COBRA, 9 sec DD FTMFW. :pimp2:

svtboy

Reaction score
With a 6lb lower pulley, cold air, and chip made right at 400rwhp and 500 ftlb. A port and plenum put me right around 450 rwhp. With a kennebelle you can make 500rwhp easy. They are 13 second trucks stock and with a pulley they are 12 second trucks. I loved my L but I only got rid of it to get a 03 cobra. After I pay off my cobra I will pick up a 04 Lightning.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
svtboy said:
With a 6lb lower pulley, cold air, and chip made right at 400rwhp and 500 ftlb. A port and plenum put me right around 450 rwhp. With a kennebelle you can make 500rwhp easy. They are 13 second trucks stock and with a pulley they are 12 second trucks. I loved my L but I only got rid of it to get a 03 cobra. After I pay off my cobra I will pick up a 04 Lightning.

ahh so they can run 12's with the small boltons :), thats what I wanted to hear ^-^

ck5.0

Reaction score
svtboy said:

The pictures that are posted earlier in the thread are from this truck.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Ok...here is the skinny.

You wanna know about lightnings, avoid SVTPerformance for the most part. Go to www.nloc.net (national lightning owners club). THAT is the lightning sight to be on.

I had an 02 Lightning for 7 months. LOVED the truck. Did everything I wanted. With a welded in magnaflow and a K&N Cold Air (FIPK Kit) I ran Consistent 13.55's on stock Eagle F1s.

Now for the bad news....

Yes, they come with forged pistons. BUT they put what ford called, "cracked cap, powdered metal" rods in them. They made for GREAT bearing clearances with tight tolerances but b/c of the way they were made, they were BRITTLE. IF you start to push 450rwhp...you're on thin ice. Your tune better be SPOT ON and in the winter...when it gets cold, you better watch your foot or get ANOTHER tune to fatten it up. They can and will pop those motors pretty easily. If you get one, 03-04 are the best. They have the spark plug thread problem fixed on them (01-02 i believe had only 2 threads in the spark plug holes and they would literally spit them out under boost sometimes).

I'm not trying to sway you away from the truck at all. I miss the HELL out of mine but a factroy EPA Rating of 16mpg on the hwy wasn't cutting it for a DD for me...and like someone posted earlier...I bought a lexus instead.

I got mine, ditched the LAME-O Euro Tails for 00' reds, slapped some 20" centerline rapids on it, dropped the rear 3" to level it out, chrome grill, and rolled out! My girlfriend misses it more than I do. She wants me to get another one. Anyway, if you have ANY questions about them, I can probably answer them.

The gas mileage, my heavy right foot, and the itch to boost it to 18lbs is what made me sell.

Pics.

136434380.jpg

136434374.jpg

136434369.jpg

136434353.jpg

FUCK...I miss that truck......I might have to get another one.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ryclef331 you have a PM in your inbox :)

thanks for all the opinions guys, as soon as im settled back in my house here at the in-laws estate I will be doing my shopping. Im thinking about the end of March :)

97blackgt

Reaction score
Snakebit said:

thanks for all the opinions guys, as soon as im settled back in my house here at the in-laws estate I will be doing my shopping. Im thinking about the end of March :)
:'(what the hell...im jealous now

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
Snakebit said:

dont be jealous, Ill take you for a ride any time you want :)

I have been doing a lot of research on these trucks over the last 2 days, and these bitches FLY, with minimal mods mid 12s are EASY. 400rwhp and OVER 500ft tq is super simple and you wont even have to max out your cc to do it :D

ryclef331

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
97blackgt said:
Snakebit said:

dont be jealous, Ill take you for a ride any time you want :)

I have been doing a lot of research on these trucks over the last 2 days, and these bitches FLY, with minimal mods mid 12s are EASY. 400rwhp and OVER 500ft tq is super simple and you wont even have to max out your cc to do it :D

the 400/500 club is a very obtainable goal. good luck with it and lemme know if you got any more questions.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dude now you got me wanting another one :mad:

If i come across a DSG 04 i might have to do it except i'll do a reversal...i traded my 01 L for my 04 Lexus so i'll trade my 04 Lexus for an 04 Lightning...hmmm maybe.

ryclef331

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Dude now you got me wanting another one :mad:

If i come across a DSG 04 i might have to do it except i'll do a reversal...i traded my 01 L for my 04 Lexus so i'll trade my 04 Lexus for an 04 Lightning...hmmm maybe.

i did the same thing. Ditched my 02 lightning for an 03 Lexus IS300....I've been pondering picking up an 03 L lately....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online