Any Lightning owners here?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you guys now or in the past have had one of the newer lightnings? I have always wanted one and have been thinking of getting one around the spring of this year. Since I am going to be free from the money I owe my dad ( or did owe ) on my house, I can handle a car loan and it be NOTHING at all to me. Soooooo since I have always wanted one, I have been thinking of getting one. You guys see them at the track or anything? What do they run with LIGHT mods?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
those bitches with the right mods will run like a raped ape and keep up with sport cars....i would love to own one. i would love to have the motor + my car because the would pwn...i cant remember off the top of my head what they run though.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Ownz said:
those bitches with the right mods will run like a raped ape and keep up with sport cars....i would love to own one. i would love to have the motor + my car because the would pwn...i cant remember off the top of my head what they run though.

Well the new ones ( I think 02 and Up ) run high 13's STOCK right? And the older ones ( pre 02 ) ran low 14's

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Nope but id love to have one... i still wonder if i should have gotten one instead of my 95 :-\

97blackgt

Reaction score
The ones that I have seen at the track usually run mid-low 13's. I also like lightning and im thinking about selling my car and four wheeler so i can get a down payment on one.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I will be a soon to be owner here shortly. DSG with the blower whine baby 8)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Fets said:
I will be a soon to be owner here shortly. DSG with the blower whine baby 8)

i sware you said you where getting a cobra, then you said you were gonna keep your GT.... ???

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Ownz said:
Fets said:
Im gonna have all 3 8)

BALLIN ::)

35n80vl.gif

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Silver 01 that i drove for 2 years and traded on my Lexus...it used too much gas for a DD thats why i traded it but i had every intention of picking up a 05+ but as we all know that program was scrapped :'( I do check around for them just to see if a nice 04 came across my path but not one that made me do a deal yet.
Its fairly comfortable and fast but its heavy...with a blower swap it would be sweet.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
lightnings are cool, but 03-04 cobras are better 8)

I would keep my 99 Cobra and get the truck as a second play toy. I would say I would get the Terminator Cobra, but I have already been looking at lightnings around 17k.........thats around 10k lower than a damn 03-04 Cobra :)

Plus I have always wanted a 13 second blown truck 8)

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i really need a lightning. I would be a lot more useful for work than the stang is

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
i really need a lightning. I would be a lot more useful for work than the stang is

Ummmm well I guess you could say that.........but I dont plan on throwing a tool box and a a/c unit in the back of mine :D

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
it would come in handy in a pinch though

oh yea,...........im really leaning toward getting one. AS soon as my house crap is settled, I would like to have one sitting in my driveway :bunny3:

ck5.0

Reaction score
I bro had one for awhile. He loved having it. A truck is always nice to have. Especially one with nearly 400 rwhp. Snake if you get one I think he still has the ported blower with a 2lb pulley from his , and I know he has his Johnny Lightning Cold air kit.
That thing sounded like a damn jet engine. It was bad ass.

My Dad was going to get one back in 93 but got a better deal on a 454ss so he got that instead. Even though the 93's were not as fast as the later years I still like those and if I needed a nice eveyday truck it would be a 93 lightning.

Here are some pics of the lightning and the 454

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ck5.0 said:
I bro had one for awhile. He loved having it. A truck is always nice to have. Especially one with nearly 400 rwhp. Snake if you get one I think he still has the ported blower with a 2lb pulley from his , and I know he has his Johnny Lightning Cold air kit.
That thing sounded like a damn jet engine. It was bad ass.

My Dad was going to get one back in 93 but got a better deal on a 454ss so he got that instead. Even though the 93's were not as fast as the later years I still like those and if I needed a nice eveyday truck it would be a 93 lightning.

Here are some pics of the lightning and the 454

hey do you know what kind of gains those ported blowers with the pulley gives?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010