Any need for a spring compressor

Duff

Reaction score
I'll be replacing the lowering springs on my 95 cobra soon, going back to stock, any need to use a spring compressor for the fronts?

OP
OP
Duff

Duff

Reaction score
Looks like no compressor needed for just replacing the coil springs. Thanks!

joemomma

Reaction score
You could probably get by without them for reinstalling stock springs. I didn't use one when installing new springs on my '94, but I was installing lowering springs.

OP
OP
Duff

Duff

Reaction score
Too low for me and the ride is bad, probably because it still has stock struts and rear shocks, feels like they're bottoming out.

95opal

Reaction score
Stock springs with beat shocks snd struts wouldn't be any better for ride quality.

OP
OP
Duff

Duff

Reaction score
Yes, I'll be replacing shocks, struts and springs, any recommendations as where to buy?

Pallgor

Reaction score
Too low for me and the ride is bad, probably because it still has stock struts and rear shocks, feels like they're bottoming out.
My car has coil overs and it rides like a skateboard. I’d like to soften the ride too

OP
OP
Duff

Duff

Reaction score
I'm looking at ordering cobra coupe springs from Eaton Detroit, that's where I got the springs for my 71 Mach, I did have to use a spring compressor on the 71. I watched a couple of videos on installing SN95 front springs, looks like it can be done without compressing the springs. I still need to find some good shocks and struts.

OP
OP
Duff

Duff

Reaction score
Update on spring install. Yes, you do need an internal style spring compressor to install stock height springs in a 95. Everything went well, except I didn't check the new struts from American Muscle, tore the car down, opened the new strut boxes and discovered they sent me 2005 -2010 struts. Called AM, they said they wouldn't ship the correct parts until they had the old ones, this is my 1st and last order with them. I called O'reillys and had the right struts the next morning.

Dubsport

Reaction score
That is very poor customer service for a mistake that was not yours!

OP
OP
Duff

Duff

Reaction score
American Muscle was $40 cheaper than Summit Racing, but IF there's a problem with my Summit order, Summit ships the replacement part as as soon as I call, I learned my lesson.

Makoto

Reaction score
I never used spring compressors on these cars. gravity and a jack are your friend. Maybe a long pole.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online