Any of you guys have a truck with subs?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have been looking at subs for the L, and I was wondering if you guys have a regular cab truck with subs behind the seat? Just curious as to what your running ( one or two subs ) what kind, how much amp power and so forth.

It wont be long before I put something in the L, but I want to hear what works well before I spend any cash.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had a single 10 inch in my 01 Lightning. Sound was great considering the small size of the cab. It was behind the passenger side and i mounted the amps behind my side.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i imagine you are more geared towards sound quality? if so, i think a nice 10" sub would be a great size.. im doing a single 10" sub for my car because i just want that thump, not loud bass.. my truck, i had loud bass, 2 12" subs (double cab RAM)..

id say go with Kicker L7 or L5 sub or JL Audio..

M.O.E

Reaction score
I just bought a kicker 10'' with a kicker box for my work truck, My friend had it in his old truck sounded good for having a weak amp.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i have a kicker kx 600.1 amp. rated at 600 watt rms but was tested at 700. let me know if anyone is interested.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yo im for real looking for an amp because im bought to buy a kicker l5 or l7, haven't decided.. mainly trying to see what amp i end up with first then im buying the sub..

how much you thinking of selling your kx for? i would definitely buy it if its a reasonable price..

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
So do you guys think I should run one 10 or two :dunno: I want some good clear sound, but LOUD when I want it that way :boink:

M.O.E

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
So do you guys think I should run one 10 or two :dunno: I want some good clear sound, but LOUD when I want it that way :boink:

How much bass do you need? If you don't care for a lot of bass then one 10 will do the job.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
M.O.E said:
Snakebit said:

How much bass do you need? If you don't care for a lot of bass then one 10 will do the job.

Ehhhh, I'm not into huge pounding Bass I just want a pretty stout system in terms of volume. I have never had less than one sub in any of my previous systems so I'm nervous about even attempting to run one :-\

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
well.. if you pair up a nice amp and a nice sub.. you will have loudness..

my buddy has 1 10" diamond audio subs and like a 1200 watt diamond audio amp and it was louder than both my 12" subs.. simply because i wasn't running an amp capable of running my subs..

just for instance, a kicker L7 that runs 600watt RMS 1200peak power paired with a 1500watt amp would be very very loud and would sound very good in a truck.. i think 2 10's would be overboard in a single cab truck if your going for sound quality. most systems you hear from kids on the streets are probably running like 500 watts... that setup i mentioned would be amazing.

M.O.E

Reaction score
Just get one good DVC sub and a good amp it will sound good! trust me ;)

scootin95gts

Reaction score
A friend of mine had a toyota and he put a single 8"Rockford fosgate sub in the middle between the two front seats and it thumped pretty good,In my stang i got two jl 12"s. They are worth the money and they sound great too.Ive had mine for about 4 years now but they have only been used for about 3 of those years and they still hit hard and im only running 125watts to each. My future plans are to probably delete my rear seats and face them towards the front and add another 12 since i got two more jl 12's in my spare room collecting dust

scootin95gts

Reaction score
crap was gonna add a pic on last reply here

[attachment deleted by admin]

lrall

Reaction score
dear god, 4 12"s?? Back to the thread...i have 1 10" W3v2D4 w/ an A1200 amp and it bumps, even thru my rear seats (taurus :pimp2:) heh, speaking of, im selling it. The only disadvantage w/a truck is the box size, something like a W6 that is designed for small boxes is great. JL FTW

ryclef331

Reaction score
You're going to have to ditch the storage bin in the back to get ANYTHING to fit....just letting you know. I had a bazooka tube in my L just b/c it fit and was fucking CHEAP.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
I have a single 10in RF Punch powered by a PG 800 Watt amp. Sounds great, not to much not to little. Im actually maxing out this sub so im going to a PG 12in Sub with custom box. If your looking for a cheap sub and box that you can get sounding good with a 500 watt amp LMK.

I will sell you my RF Punch with box for $100 + Shipping. then go to www.onlinecarstereo.com and get ya an amp and kit and walla.

Hicks

Reaction score
lol... both mine and my dads truck has a system
or imine had one before i sold it

Dads is running 2 1200 watt sony explodes which are okay,
And some kindof amp
Hits nice

But the trucks like we got don't hit as hard because no trunk XD....
BUT... put 3-4 subs in your bed facing the cab... and yea... ur set lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online