Any one know what these are and where they go

silvertrx

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 95 3.8 v6 and im a little confused about these two.
So this first one is behind the glove box.
I know that its vacuum lines attached but not sure where it should plug in.
One end is attached to the ac control dial and the other is just lying behind the glove box.
The A/c dial is stuck in default mode.

Second is under the bonnet. I believe its called a purge valve solenoid. Is that Right?
Now the hose connection to the left is connected but the one coming out the right is missing
Where does it go?
I believe the pipe to the right connects to the charcoal canister in the right hand fender well. But the pipe to the right is connected to nothing
clear.png

Thanks guys
attachment.php

aimg_9600-jpg.89942

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think you pictures are in the wrong order.

Anyways that "solenoid" (I always forget what it's actually called), is connected to the back of my supercharger. I'll see if I can dig up a picture where about it attaches to the upper intake. Should be a similar looking fitting if I remember correctly on the back of the upper intake.

WgKpPCql.jpg

As for the blue,red and white wires I remember seeing that so much during my build... I can't for the life of me remember where it went.

Let me see if I can dig up some old pics for you.

OP
OP
S

silvertrx

Reaction score
Thanks
Id really appreciate it.
Spent hours on google trying to find out

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
silvertrx

the top picture are the vacuum lines to your climate control system. they link under the dash and give the "power" to flip the pannels from floor to defrost, etc.

red+blue go to the actuator -- a small silver (about the size of a plumb) metal cylinder with a little arm sticking off it. the black one goes back behind your heater-core-box, and the white one goes to another vacuum selenoid (closer to the glove box.)

That specific plug you posted a picture of plugs directly into the back of your control box

(similar to this, its slightly different because this one is out of a 99-04 mustang)

$_57.JPG

The bottom picture is your EVAP purge solenoid. When you get to highway speeds with a warm engine, that solenoid purges the gas fumes from your carbon box (in passenger fender) into your intake track. This reduces emissions, increases MPG, and is all around a "good" thing. I never suggest removing it unless you have no other option.

One side runs into the fender, the other plugs into the intake manifold. On the 3.8L, im not 100% sure where it plugs in on the intake.
g36 monkey might be able to specifically point out where it plugs in.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
also, if your "temp" knob is stuck:

it's cable-driven (moves the flapper inside the dash from hot/cold) -- remove it from the heater-core-box (its a simple process) and try to turn the knob on the control. If it moves, you know it's an internal problem inside the heater-core-box... if it doesnt turn, you know its a bound/twisted/rusted/broken cable/control.

OP
OP
S

silvertrx

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

So the plug that's behind my glove box should be rerouted and plugged into the back of the ac control dials?

I have a horrible feeling that I need to remove the air intake manifold to reconnect the purge solenoid :(

OP
OP
S

silvertrx

Reaction score
ooh and some other guy told me that the purge solenoid plugs into the purge flow sensor.
What was he talking about

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

So the plug that's behind my glove box should be rerouted and plugged into the back of the ac control dials?

I'm going 100% off memory here, but i want to say yes.

I listed where the other ends go... the black end is the one that goes to the engine bay to "power" it all (from the engine.)

the rest have their designated tasks (actuators)

That plug needs to go to the back of the control unit. I suggest removing the control-panel (not a big deal) and looking at the back of it. If it's already got those vacuum lines plugged in, just let us know! we'll help you figure it out. If not, plug it in! :)

this will also give you the room/light/flexability to undo the cable on the temp-gauge...

ooh and some other guy told me that the purge solenoid plugs into the purge flow sensor.
What was he talking about

he may be talking about a different make/model. That sensor you posted a picture of has a plug on the bottom. Thats how the computer tells it to purge.... i dont really know what else to tell ya. lol.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I've been extremely busy and didn't get back to you on the one pic. I'll try to remember to look for a pic in the morning if you still need it!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I cant be of any assistance here Chris, because he's got a single port, I have no idea where that might plug in.

I think you've got him pretty well covered though!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online