Any tips installing starter with long tubes??

dutman98

Reaction score
I just did my Lt install. I bought a new starter and put it on while I did it. I would recommend this to anyone that does the lt install. I do have a question though. Do I need to put a heat shield around my starter? I got ceramic coated headers.

Adam

Reaction score
Longtubes are worth it. You pick up little hp (5-8) but usually 15-20 rwtq. Torque is what the 4.6's lack. Don't even try to install LT's without dropping your K. Its like wiping your a$$ and then taking a $hit. ??? The Flowtechs have been proven to be good units. I paid like $360 shipped to my door for them(headers and X-pipe). Had them for 2 years, no problems, no leaks, no clearance issues.

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
tubular k member ftw....plus you'll lose a little bit of weight :banana:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Adam said:
Longtubes are worth it. You pick up little hp (5-8) but usually 15-20 rwtq. Torque is what the 4.6's lack. Don't even try to install LT's without dropping your K. Its like wiping your a$$ and then taking a $hit. ??? The Flowtechs have been proven to be good units. I paid like $360 shipped to my door for them(headers and X-pipe). Had them for 2 years, no problems, no leaks, no clearance issues.

gotta go with this statement, plus to avoid trouble down the road get LOCKING header bolts too :)

ripper

Reaction score
I just saw that Jegs has the qa1 for $239.99. Now you guys got me thinkin.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
then you have to get new a arms and coil overs right. i want a tubular k also but cant afford it just right now

S

scarface

ju015dd said:
then you have to get new a arms and coil overs right. i want a tubular k also but cant afford it just right now
some k members can use the stock a arms