any wrangler fans? my 98 tj

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
hmmm....good to know. hard to understand how 1/8" difference in tire size would ever cause a transfer case to explode but no worries here as my tires are new and the same size all around lol.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah you really have to be careful with the tires lol but sounds like you know what you're doing. And I snapped a driveshaft on 33s that were unevenly worn out. Then I dropped the trans on new 33s lol. Then duff rides my ass all the time asking if it's fixed. Then I cry myself to sleep. LOL but no tires are a big deal

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
wow....seriously though 1/8" can cause that much strain on a transfer case lol? well that's gonna stress me out like a sumbish :(

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
hahaa,,,will do big joe..thanks fellas

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
nice work so far tony. interested to see what its gonna look like when your done with it. foxbody auto shifter?! haha.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
thanks joe! been going over some ideas for a boot cause i hate that long skinny stick in an auto lol.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
heres how the interior looks now. the rust on the floorboards aint shit...just surface and will be addressed asap lol.

goodbye ugly ass carpet

told ya the dash was a pita lol

the rear is pretty clean as far as surface rust.

i plan to clean the floorboards up then spray some good rust prevention paint along with some truck bed liner before i add some sound deadener.

all new carpet, seats and refinished dash console and other trim.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
forgot to post a pic of the corbeau rear seat. kinda boring but its def nicer than the tan and pink shit in it now lol

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
hmmm....good to know. hard to understand how 1/8" difference in tire size would ever cause a transfer case to explode but no worries here as my tires are new and the same size all around lol.

Dont look at it as 1/8" difference in tire but look at that tire in Revolutions per mile. If that circumference is say 320 revolutions per mile and the 1/8th" off is say 317 per mile or even 310..... that 10 full revolutions of "slack" needs to be asorbed in the drive train. Granted your not driving in a straight line all the time for miles on end, but turns will factor in to even it out, as well as breaking, dirt/sand in roads ect. Also with a wrangler/pick up the transfer case has either gear drive or chain drive, so there is ZERO room for slippage. where as in a awd car or high end suv like a Grand Cherokee or say Acura MDX the "transfercase" or "power transfer unit" has an over running clutch which though hydraulic pressure allows the rear differential to compensate for this difference and allow a larger tolerance difference from front to rear axle tire diameter.

Sorry to break out the tech but its needed to explain this.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Dont look at it as 1/8" difference in tire but look at that tire in Revolutions per mile. If that circumference is say 320 revolutions per mile and the 1/8th" off is say 317 per mile or even 310..... that 10 full revolutions of "slack" needs to be asorbed in the drive train. Granted your not driving in a straight line all the time for miles on end, but turns will factor in to even it out, as well as breaking, dirt/sand in roads ect. Also with a wrangler/pick up the transfer case has either gear drive or chain drive, so there is ZERO room for slippage. where as in a awd car or high end suv like a Grand Cherokee or say Acura MDX the "transfercase" or "power transfer unit" has an over running clutch which though hydraulic pressure allows the rear differential to compensate for this difference and allow a larger tolerance difference from front to rear axle tire diameter.

Sorry to break out the tech but its needed to explain this.
no need to be sorry. i'll def keep all this info in mind.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Tony, love the finish work, you do a good job.
We both agree, the black seats look much better than the tan and pink shit!!!

That's gonna be a nice ride when you're done.

ok, you can go back to our thread now.

I got my eye on you.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
lol, thanks dal!

heres some new paint pics fellas. not so much a photoshoot but just to show where the rusted through shit was repaired. the paint is flawless though.

i'll do a complete photoshoot on it when i get some more things buttoned up.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Very nice man. I had a 97 on a 5in rough country lift. But they rust to easy.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
thanks guys. i should get some interior stuff done this week. hope to get the dash in. need to get this lift kit on but dam its been cold lol.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
been a rough week for me. worked on the jeep a little today just to clear my head. put the mirror relocater bracket kinda on my drivers side. still need a few bolts.

Sinned83

Reaction score
I've caught myself peeking at this sexy TJ a couple times. Tony you gonna rhino line it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online