any wrangler fans? my 98 tj

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
hope you guys are cool with it. bought a 98 wrangler tj 4.0 auto with 116k miles on it for $3200. runs great just a little ugly. i've already started on it with new wheels and tires along with a trip to the body shop to get all the rust fixed and new paint.

here she sits with the 31x10.5r15 and 15x8 level 8 tracker wheels.

motor

chasis is freakin clean for a 98 wrangler.

heres the interior

parts ordered waiting to go on when i get her back from paint & body

corbeau moab seats

supreme suspension 3" lift kit. includes coils and transfer case drop not in pic...my bad lol

new bestop black soft top

bushwacker pocket style flares

i'm sure i'll be getting more stuff for it as i go along.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
what i've done so far

tore the dash out (holy shit there were 56 bolts) and started preping and dying it to black. i go through a huge prep stage before shooting it black to keep it black lol

heater vents were broke on one side so i just glassed a couple tweeter pods

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
came with this expensive console in it but its ugly and beat up. so i'm gonna keep it and bring it back to life

textured black truck bedliner spray rustoleum...good stuff! i love it!!

still fixing dents and shit from the console part.

my mirrors were terrible as well

came out great!!

thats where she's at so far. should get it back this week so i'll post up more progress as i go along. thanks for looking guys

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
about time you posted this on here!!!

You know what I'm going to say...

UY2pT1Tl.jpg

XQyrrQMl.png

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Found some slammed jeeps.
I cant stop laughing, I know you could pull one off though.

QhhgDcNl.jpg

TZr2oYll.jpg

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Found some slammed jeeps.
I cant stop laughing, I know you could pull one off though.

QhhgDcNl.jpg

TZr2oYll.jpg
oh dear god no lolol!! although there is something kinda cool about the wide ass fenders sitting directly on some reverse d's :p

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I think this project is gonna be sic for a normally dropped and stopped kinda guy. And you've got this knack for building some seriously badass cars so I'm definitely looking forward to this one! All the little details you put in, like the mirrors, make all the difference in the end man. Kudos for the efforts you've made already. You've done more to that jeep in a few weeks than I've done to my car in 2yrs lol

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I think this project is gonna be sic for a normally dropped and stopped kinda guy. And you've got this knack for building some seriously badass cars so I'm definitely looking forward to this one! All the little details you put in, like the mirrors, make all the difference in the end man. Kudos for the efforts you've made already. You've done more to that jeep in a few weeks than I've done to my car in 2yrs lol
man that means allot joe i appreciate the compliment. allot of people never knew i really liked lifted rigs lol. i've had a couple trucks lifted. i've liked wranglers for years just never wanted to tackle these rust monsters till i found this one with a frame that looked new lol. i knew the body could be fixed easy. i'll have $1800 in paint and body vs. $4k in my mustang that had zero rust lol.

Nice progress, the rhino liner looks great on the interior parts
thanks allot man. the only part with the bedliner spray on the interior will be the radio bezel and the console. the rest is regular black.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
so when you tke the door off of a wrangler you loose your side mirrors. illegal in ohio. i ws going to try to fab something to get theem mounted on my windheild pillar. well who woulda thought they mke a bracket for that lol. so i ordered this:

11025.03-C.jpg

takes care of that problem :)

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Hell yeah they should have just mounted those damn things on the pillars in the first place. It's a jeep, the doors never stay on during the summer lol

Caboose302

Reaction score
My buddy bought a new Rubicon and he's just joined a jeep club that goes offloading all over southern ohio. Might be worth looking into.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Hell yeah they should have just mounted those damn things on the pillars in the first place. It's a jeep, the doors never stay on during the summer lol
no shit. def would make more sense lol

My buddy bought a new Rubicon and he's just joined a jeep club that goes offloading all over southern ohio. Might be worth looking into.

hell yea man. i think wayne national forest has some trails. thats in southern ohio.

Caboose302

Reaction score
a couple places they go are private lands too. They just have a good reputation with the owners. I think they do trail rides all over ohio though. I'll find out the information.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Take it for what its worth, I worked for Chrysler for almost 8 years before leaving for the "Sweedish" side of things. They are good cars, change the axles, t-case, trans fluids and get a good base. They tend to "spoil" and absorb a lot of moisture. Other then that the drivetrain will be strong. Big thing will be the top. Pretty clean under the car so you have a good base.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
thanks duff! i know allot of guys run the dana 44's but never hear much or read much about the transfer case. anything i need to know about them?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Chain drive, 1/8" in tire difference from front to back max tolerance, drain fluid and fill (should be normal ATF) Just measure the tires and as long as the circumference is the same or close, then your good to go. Thats how they "explode"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.