Anybody do a battery relocation?

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by joshuaw3, Mar 10, 2015.

1. mcglsr2

mcglsr2 Well-Known Member SN95 Supporter

Maybe so. I think the newer cars also have better grounding between the frame/chassis/unibody and engine then perhaps older cars? :dontknow:

2. ttocs

ttocs Legend

that is not always the case. I remember we had a newer Nissan truck that we put a large stereo with multiple batteries and we thought we would do it right and go straight to the trucks frame. Later that we we could not figure out why the truck seemed dead, completely dead. After some close looking the frame was isolated from the car with bushings and I guess what ever coating they used on the bolts resisted current as well as we were only able to get 2v max out of the car now with the battery ground where it was.

3. joshuaw3

joshuaw3 Active Member

Can you direct me to those terminals that have fuses built into them please?

4. ttocs

ttocs Legend

5. joshuaw3

joshuaw3 Active Member

6. ttocs

ttocs Legend

yes its ALL I run in my car and they are VERY good quality. I call them car audio jewelry but the only warning I give you is that like all black chrome finishes it is very sensitive. Anytime you touch these you will need to wipe the sweat/oils off of them or it will etch that finish eventually. IT doesn't effect the operation, just the look.