Anybody do a battery relocation?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe so. I think the newer cars also have better grounding between the frame/chassis/unibody and engine then perhaps older cars? :dontknow:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is not always the case. I remember we had a newer Nissan truck that we put a large stereo with multiple batteries and we thought we would do it right and go straight to the trucks frame. Later that we we could not figure out why the truck seemed dead, completely dead. After some close looking the frame was isolated from the car with bushings and I guess what ever coating they used on the bolts resisted current as well as we were only able to get 2v max out of the car now with the battery ground where it was.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
a breaker or fuse is not an option in the install. Well I take that back you could opt for a fire extinguisher and some long handled/insulated wire cutters instead. Rule #1 on running ANY power wire is to fuse with in 12" of the battery or as close as can be allowed. If you want I can even direct you to some nice battery terminals that have fuses built right into them.

Can you direct me to those terminals that have fuses built into them please?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes its ALL I run in my car and they are VERY good quality. I call them car audio jewelry but the only warning I give you is that like all black chrome finishes it is very sensitive. Anytime you touch these you will need to wipe the sweat/oils off of them or it will etch that finish eventually. IT doesn't effect the operation, just the look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online