Anybody running in CAM in the SCCA?

#BrownRoush

Reaction score
I run cam, I run a bone stock 2001 Roush stage 2. The cars can be very capable out fo the box, but as brett said, seat time. Cam-Party

OP
OP
Javelin

Javelin

Reaction score
Well I beat my region's season champion by 3 seconds, but the car definitely needs more setup work. Turn-in isn't as crisp as my Javelin was but it has a lot more lateral grip, so I had to adjust my driving style and lines, especially in the slaloms.

thetrex

Reaction score
I'm running CAMC too. Wish I could race with you Cali guys, but that would be one heck of a drive! :grin: Attended a bunch of local events this year... hoping to do some larger events next year. Maybe I'll get to meet you guys at some point.

OP
OP
Javelin

Javelin

Reaction score
These are not pictures

Like, seriously? Who are you? I have 4 PCA regional autocross championships and an SCCA one, and all of my results are posted at those clubs sites for all to see. But hey, if you really need to me to prove myself:

20161001_144901_zpsdrrwpwub.jpg~original

Any questions? Or do I have to do some dumb thing now with a newspaper and my forum name?

Now... back to the car.

Rear suspension setup: Steeda 5-Link, MM Torque Arm, or Cobra IRS?

Reaction score
Like, seriously? Who are you? I have 4 PCA regional autocross championships and an SCCA one, and all of my results are posted at those clubs sites for all to see. But hey, if you really need to me to prove myself:

20161001_144901_zpsdrrwpwub.jpg~original

Any questions? Or do I have to do some dumb thing now with a newspaper and my forum name?

Now... back to the car.

Rear suspension setup: Steeda 5-Link, MM Torque Arm, or Cobra IRS?

Dude? You need to calm down. Obviously you don't understand how the majority of people here on the site interact, but if you have something to prove because you feel your ego needs a boost by all means prove to me how macho you are. I could care less. Nice too see who you really are

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Dude? You need to calm down. Obviously you don't understand how the majority of people here on the site interact, but if you have something to prove because you feel your ego needs a boost by all means prove to me how macho you are. I could care less. Nice too see who you really are

Frank.... Dude.... YOU need to understand how the rest of forum works outside of YOUR circle of friends.. Chill the **** out, this is the only warning.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I will be able to speak on the T/A and PHB setup in a matter of weeks and I will advise. I would veer from the IRS, a lot of extra weight for meh improvement. The general argument from a built IRS to a built SRA is the IRS feels like it is a little more "comfortable" but not necessarily better at handling, if that makes sense.

OP
OP
Javelin

Javelin

Reaction score
I will be able to speak on the T/A and PHB setup in a matter of weeks and I will advise. I would veer from the IRS, a lot of extra weight for meh improvement. The general argument from a built IRS to a built SRA is the IRS feels like it is a little more "comfortable" but not necessarily better at handling, if that makes sense.

Interesting thoughts on the IRS. I look forward to your comparisons, I have all winter to make a decision on mine.

scca_stang

Reaction score

I had the same experience when I swapped IRS into my '95..... it was more comfortable on the street, even seemed to "handle" better on the street..... but when I went to the autocross track with DOT R comps, it was fine until the edge of traction and it broke loose without warning. its not data, but it was my experience. I swapped the SRA back in the very next weekend.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had the same experience when I swapped IRS into my '95..... it was more comfortable on the street, even seemed to "handle" better on the street..... but when I went to the autocross track with DOT R comps, it was fine until the edge of traction and it broke loose without warning. its not data, but it was my experience. I swapped the SRA back in the very next weekend.

What all had you done to your irs tho??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online