Anybody running SLP catback on your 5.0??

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
i was just curious if any of you 5.0 drivers were running SLP catback or any type of SLP (headers, X or H pipe)? and how different does it sound compared to the classic flowmaster? thanks

Downshift

Reaction score
No one is? Come on I have never heard them on a 5.0 before and I really want to damnit

Pennywise2

Reaction score
The SLP catback is quite possibly the worst sounding
catback on a mustang I ever heard in my life.It sounded
like a cross between a tractor and a LT1 truck. :nonono: :puke:
Pass on the SLP catback.
The Flowmaster two chamber american thunder catback
sounds excellent by far in my opnion. :thumb:
I hope you are happy with the catback you go with.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:
The SLP catback is quite possibly the worst sounding
catback on a mustang I ever heard in my life.It sounded
like a cross between a tractor and a LT1 truck. :nonono: :puke:
Pass on the SLP catback.
The Flowmaster two chamber american thunder catback
sounds excellent by far in my opnion. :thumb:
I hope you are happy with the catback you go with.

thats all opinion though...

flowmasters and SLPs are on totally different sides of the sound spectrum...flowmaster is the classic muscle car sound that is nice and deep, but SLP is a lil raspy and a more exotic type of sound....i would go to mustangexhaust.com and do a search, but i havent heard them on a 5.0 only the 4.6

hottwheels04

Reaction score
HEY NOW! im running slp catback and a offroad h and i think my car is 1 of the loudest mustangs ive heard in a long time, my car sounds like a 700hp monster with my comp cam, ill get a video of it so u can hear it urself :banana: O0

ylw95gts

Reaction score
BBK unequal length shorties, Bassani catted X, SLP Loudmouth Catback.

Sounds like a Nascar and I love it :thumb:. I'm not gonna bash anybodys setup or sound because if they like it that's all that matters.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
nice i want a bassani mid pipe toi will say it takes time to get use to slp, its 1 of the loudest and 1 of kind catback deff sounds alot better for a mustang then slp on a slowmaro i think, but i have to do something about the offroad h pipe i dont like how it sounds when it backfires and does get raspy and shitty sounding up in the rpm's and down in 1st gear , but mid range and idle it sounds like a monster :bunny3: :banana:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95gtjeff said:
i have the "Loud Mouth II" catback i belive

you believe???? You don't know what you have :D :D From what I have been told the II"s are much quieter than the I's ???

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
95gtjeff said:

you believe???? You don't know what you have :D :D From what I have been told the II"s are much quieter than the I's ???

yeah, the Is are unbearably loud...they have absolutley nothing in the mufflers, and they sound raspy as can be...thats why i got the II's, but im too damn lazy ad broke to get them put in. :hammer:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
Snakebit said:
95gtjeff said:

yeah, the Is are unbearably loud...they have absolutley nothing in the mufflers, and they sound raspy as can be...thats why i got the II's, but im too damn lazy ad broke to get them put in. :hammer:

you are DFG cool member #1 ??? ???

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

S

scarface

if you have the I's you mights as well not run any mufflers...THey sound the same IMHO

S

scarface

I didnt go in today...stomache problems, and I had to fill in drive the truck today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online