Anybody use spark plug defoulers?

Sinned83

Reaction score
Anyone run these? Do they keep off the cel. I'm switching to an O/R pipe

kb1982

Reaction score
Ive used them in a couple of vehicles when I was a teen. They were both 4 cylinders that were well past thier lifespan and oil was fouling the plugs from the bottom up. They kept the plugs nice and clean, but they move the spark plugs further out of the combustion chamber which isnt optimum for promoting good flame travel. In both my experiences with them, they seriously reduced spark plug lifespan to about 10k miles before I would start developing a miss, even on unfouled plugs, but that beat oil fouled plugs constantly. In my opinion, I would stay away from them unless you are trying to milk every last mile out of a worn out engine. Sorry I couldnt specifically answer your question though.

Rallim

Reaction score
Ive used them in a couple of vehicles when I was a teen. They were both 4 cylinders that were well past thier lifespan and oil was fouling the plugs from the bottom up. They kept the plugs nice and clean, but they move the spark plugs further out of the combustion chamber which isnt optimum for promoting good flame travel. In both my experiences with them, they seriously reduced spark plug lifespan to about 10k miles before I would start developing a miss, even on unfouled plugs, but that beat oil fouled plugs constantly. In my opinion, I would stay away from them unless you are trying to milk every last mile out of a worn out engine. Sorry I couldnt specifically answer your question though.

I think he's using them as 02 spacers, it's a cheap trick to try and keep the CEL off when decatting a car.

OP
OP
S

Sinned83

Reaction score
Supposedly they will keep cars with catless mid pipes from throwing codes. We will find out

96gt4.6

Reaction score
i have before, and i am currently using one on my wife's car. works great.

Justang

Reaction score
Have not personally used them, but heard of others using them on 02s with mostly successful results.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online