Anyone actually reccomend spending $$$ on 70mm Tb and Plenum?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ive heard maybe like 7 rwhp gain with the combo... What have your guys experiences be...Im going to be installing a Pi intake and was wondering if I will Benefit with the TB and Plenum on top of the intake... I dont want to spend 2-300 hundred dollars for 5 rwhp that im not even gonna notice.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you won't get a big gain but it improved throttle response some...you can find them cheap used if you look.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
I had a BBK plenum and throttle body.I thought it was a waste of money.
I really didn't notest much of any gains from the plenum and throttle body
if any.I would spend my money somewhere else.

LI98GT

Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:

What mods were installed at the time that you put the combo on your old stang? Were any of the PI pieces on there along with the Plenum? I'm hoping that the plenum/TB combo along with the the PI intake, cams (even heads) will make more of a (positive) difference than without them.

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
i just installed the trickflow plenum and BBK 70MM throttle body , i havent drivin the car yet because its winter here and the stang is in the garage till spring but ive heard from others that its not a big gain. Just better throttle response. Maybe with the PI parts it will be more beneficial but I wouldnt pay full price for the parts, i got my t/b and plenum combo for 160$ US, its used but like brand new. look around, if u can find a good used deal then do it, but if not spend it elsewhere.

LI98GT

Reaction score
MoonlightGT said:
i just installed the trickflow plenum and BBK 70MM throttle body , i havent drivin the car yet because its winter here and the stang is in the garage till spring but ive heard from others that its not a big gain. Just better throttle response. Maybe with the PI parts it will be more beneficial but I wouldnt pay full price for the parts, i got my t/b and plenum combo for 160$ US, its used but like brand new. look around, if u can find a good used deal then do it, but if not spend it elsewhere.

Nice. That's a good deal you got there and hope it works out for you - let us know. Come on, take that beast out - the stangs like cold weather for better breathing! I've had mine quite a bit this winter. Back to the parts/pieces I have been looking, and unfortunately haven't come across a deal like that and will keep looking. If you guys see another deal like come across, fee free to throw it my way.

Yellow4.6

Reaction score
You won't see a huge gain.......but every bit helps.

Search the classifieds on some of the boards your bound to find some.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
LI98GT said:
Pennywise2 said:

What mods were installed at the time that you put the combo on your old stang? Were any of the PI pieces on there along with the Plenum? I'm hoping that the plenum/TB combo along with the the PI intake, cams (even heads) will make more of a (positive) difference than without them.
Yes,PI intake and cams were on my 96 GT when I had my BBK plenum and throttle body.
Big waste of money spend your money somewhere else man I didn't even notest a difference.

97blackgt

Reaction score
sounds like for the price its a big waste of money...

maybe u should get some UDP's?

Pennywise2

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
sounds like for the price its a big waste of money...

maybe u should get some UDP's?
Upper and lower control are great investment for any mustang. O0
The problem is the stock control arms have too much play in them.
Just stay far far away from the Granatelli control arms because
the Granatelli lower control arms are well known to stap or crack right
in half at the welds. :nonono:

Adam

Reaction score
I put on Accufab 75MM TB and Plenum. I noticed I picked up some mph at th etrack and a small amount of ET. If your car is primarily a street car, then you would be better off using mods that come on sooner. I think there are only a handful of mods that are great for street cars in my experience. Longtubes, full exhaust, cams, things like that. Intakes, plenums, TB's things of that nature should be at the end of your mod list. Anything that deals with the intake side is a waste if your still using exhaust manifolds. Its like a funnel, you can fill the one end full, but its only going to drain as fast as the hole will allow. Its just an air pump.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Save up for the PI swap then get a TB and Plenum

black98gt

Reaction score
i think it was the big waste of money but i did a 75mm instead of a 70mm but same thing. i would of been better off spending that money on gas. but the reason i regret it so much is cause i paid full price for it new .if you get a used one it probly wont be that bad of an idea anything helps but dont buy new. not worth it

voidfinger

Reaction score
take that money you would have spent on the tb and plenum and put it toward a nitros kit. thats how you make power on these motors besides the pi swap.

brandons98gt

Reaction score
I did the accufab 75mm combo and then i ported out the plenum when i got it some additional and i can tell a big diff in throttle response

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online