Anyone BESIDES Blankenship for a good dyno tune? (Evansville Area)

kvoriley

Reaction score
As much as I would like to use Lee Blankenship, they can't get me in until the 15th of October. And my car kinda sucks to drive right now lol. Anyone know of a reputable dyno tuning shop in the Evansville/Western Kentucky area? I have not heard very good things about Speedy Dyno in Owensboro, Ky so they are out of the question.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
speedy actually moved to reo Indiana and I know I have heard the same thing. I am going to try remote tuning this time but I already have the AFR just need the moates QH and I should be ready. The other option is andersons over in Illinois.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Speedy dyno use to be really good...what happened? Anyhow...keeping you schedule with Lee Blankenship will benefit you greatly. Top notch business and youll understand why Blankenship holds the Mustang community in this area.

There is one in Harrodsburg ky, but he is an LS1 tuner and might be able to tune mustangs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They did the tune on mine after my HCI swap and it ran great for me but I have not heard the same from others. I am not one to give into hear-say/gossip but after you hear it a few times you start to wonder. I have had a car chew a bearing on the dyno before(not at speed's) and have too much into it to watch it happen again. Now I would go to either Anderson or Blankenship if I could travel but my digestive issues make even short roadtrips difficult.

OP
OP
K

kvoriley

Reaction score
They did the tune on mine after my HCI swap and it ran great for me but I have not heard the same from others. I am not one to give into hear-say/gossip but after you hear it a few times you start to wonder. I have had a car chew a bearing on the dyno before(not at speed's) and have too much into it to watch it happen again. Now I would go to either Anderson or Blankenship if I could travel but my digestive issues make even short roadtrips difficult.

Yeah I just know of several people that have had bad experiences with them so I'm not going to take any chances with speedy. Yeah I might just have to stick with Blankenship. I've heard nothing but good from them. I have never heard of Anderson before though.
just wish I didn't have to drive my car like his for another month

snoball

Reaction score
Dont go to craven... They are know for gm stuff,and dont have a good rep locally when it comes to fords. Go to Bob @stlmustangs. Hes in desloge/park hills missouri. Builds some of the nastiest mustangs around. His number is 573 747 6523. hes the owner of the shop.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Like I said I have always been a dyno tuning fan myself but I am going to try remote tuning after some discussion. You need to buy the hardware of a ARF gauge and you need to buy a quarterhorse and the software. I am in newburgh and we could split the cost of the quarterhorse if you have the AFR.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Stay away from GREAD in corydon. Lee is good, a lil conservative, but at least won't blow your car up.

Sometimes waitin a short period out ways the obvious if something goes wrong due to poor tune and motor pops or something

Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
Like I said I have always been a dyno tuning fan myself but I am going to try remote tuning after some discussion. You need to buy the hardware of a ARF gauge and you need to buy a quarterhorse and the software. I am in newburgh and we could split the cost of the quarterhorse if you have the AFR.
You don't need a wideband to tune with a quarterhorse. 99% of fueling is dialed in from the factory 02's anyway.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
As much as I would like to use Lee Blankenship, they can't get me in until the 15th of October. And my car kinda sucks to drive right now lol. Anyone know of a reputable dyno tuning shop in the Evansville/Western Kentucky area? I have not heard very good things about Speedy Dyno in Owensboro, Ky so they are out of the question.
Finding a great tuner is extremely hard to do.. why would you go with someone other than the best because of a 3 week wait.

OP
OP
K

kvoriley

Reaction score
Finding a great tuner is extremely hard to do.. why would you go with someone other than the best because of a 3 week wait.

I just went had my car tuned at speedy dyno.
I ended up talking to Greg and speedy dyno and set up an appointment.
I think he did a great job, he happens to know lee Blankenship fairly well, and Greg seems to know what he is talking about.
he was really good at explaining what he was doing and why.
i would definitely recommend him, I honestly think the only reason anyone would ever talk bad about him is because he uses a superflow, and they tend to read lower from what I hear compared to dyno jets.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Ive always heard positive responce from speedy dyno as well. Im glad you reported back this info. Set the path straight!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have only heard from a few people bad things but its tough because they are all guys that know more then me and I have to kinda take their opinion over mine when it comes to motors... Glad he got it going for ya. What were the final numbers?

OP
OP
K

kvoriley

Reaction score
I have only heard from a few people bad things but its tough because they are all guys that know more then me and I have to kinda take their opinion over mine when it comes to motors... Glad he got it going for ya. What were the final numbers?

I understand Scott, and considering we are both from the same area, we might have heard from the same people lol.
But I figured I would give them benefit of the doubt and Greg did a great job.

I heard one bad experience and I found out it wasn't speedy dyno's fault.. he had issues with other tunes as well, and didn't even install his cams correctly.
Like I said I think some people just get dissapointed by the numbers they receive at speedy, but they use a superflow, which are good dynos, they just tend to read lower numbers.

My final numbers were 261/271
From what I have been told superflows tend to read about 10% lower than dynojets, which would put me in the 280rwhp range. The car runs great now, and a buddy of mine with similar mods and the same cams put down 284 rwhp at Kraven. And mine seems to run much better ha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.