Anyone else dislike cars that are not American?

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Maybe not built from this point on cause of ford selling most of its mazda shares, but within the last 2-3yrs.

Mack

Reaction score
[MENTION=10997]g36 monkey[/MENTION] Thanks for that, appreciated. Yes, we do love our bikes. However our cities are build totally different from yours. Our cities, some of them are 1000 yrs old and that makes it totally different from your cities that were founded when "traffic" was already a thing.

And it's not all bad here. Our roads are a lot better than American ones. As smooth as silk. We can go 130 km/h on highways, which is like 85 mph. It's not always busy. Chances of cops going after you when speeding a bit a slim unless you drive dangerously. And driving just a modest SN95 makes everybody look at you.

Our cars are designed for different worlds & different conditions...for our needs American cars AND trucks are fine.

Totally agree. You are fully correct there. However if you Americans want to conquer the world with your cars, you have a big challenge ahead of you.

Question: is your $14 gas a result of taxes or supply issues?

Yes, taxes, big company regulations and government policies. Our gas is also better quality than yours (95 octane or higher).

Mind you, our prices are also down. A while back it was more expensive but cheaper oil also makes our gas cheaper.

The city I live in, Rotterdam, is the biggest port in Europe. We have all major oil refineries here. Shell is a Dutch/British corporation. It's most definitely not supply issues. Google "Botlek Rotterdam" and look at the photos.

But mostly it's taxes. Our government is totally different from yours, where our government pays a lot of stuff for us, so they need lots of tax money. It's apples and oranges really. The differences stand out once you take a car from one world, a US Mustang, and try driving it in another world: Europe.

Mack

Reaction score
I've posted this photo before on this forum, but this gives a nice idea of what it's like.

This is a street I used to live in. It's in an outskirt of Rotterdam. You'll notice the Mustang is bigger than the other cars. You'll notice it stands out considerably. You'll also notice the car is wider than the parking spot. Four of the five cars behind the Mustang are diesel cars.

In case you are wondering: it's a Fiat Cinquecento, a Opel Corsa, a VW Sharan, a Peugeot 206 and a Opel Astra. The photo is already 5 yrs old.

417285_308344392564144_1953905738_n.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've posted this photo before on this forum, but this gives a nice idea of what it's like.

This is a street I used to live in. It's in an outskirt of Rotterdam. You'll notice the Mustang is bigger than the other cars. You'll notice it stands out considerably. You'll also notice the car is wider than the parking spot. Four of the five cars behind the Mustang are diesel cars.

In case you are wondering: it's a Fiat Cinquecento, a Opel Corsa, a VW Sharan, a Peugeot 206 and a Opel Astra. The photo is already 5 yrs old.

417285_308344392564144_1953905738_n.jpg

Do you people not believe in any color other than silver???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mack

Reaction score
Do you people not believe in any color other than silver???

Most Dutch people believe in not standing out too much. A car is mostly practical here so you need something that looks nice but has the best resale value.

I'm not one of them, by the way, this is the Mustang with my current daily driver:
800.jpg

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
However if you Americans want to conquer the world with your cars, you have a big challenge ahead of you.

Yup! Macks in the house! Full of ego...lol.

IDK Mack....the Corvette built here in Ky by barefooted hicks is dominating in its class and about anything above its class.

[emoji12]

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
And the trucks built here in Kentucky by Ford could easily roll over all this silly little cars...... lol

Mack

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't expect you to understand. Luckily it's just the two of you.

Maybe somebody else wants to explain it to you from an American point of view.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't expect you to understand. Luckily it's just the two of you.

Maybe somebody else wants to explain it to you from an American point of view.

There is nothing for anyone to explain to us. Maybe it's you who needs the explaining. Once again you think that your opinion is fact and worldly right but you are sadly mistaken. Your whole country is no bigger then most American states. Your countries impact worldwide is much smaller than that of the United States. Get over yourself and your thought process.

As far as cars and their place in world domination, those small cars would cripple America if that's all we had. Too many people here travel vast distances regularly. Families take long trips that they can't do in those tiny cars. Farmers haul livestock that can only be done with big trucks. People carpool together in bigger cities which you couldn't comfortably do in those micro machines.

Those tiny cars are good for high schoolers learning to drive, college kids going back and fourth to campus, and the occasional single old fart who only goes to the grocery and church.

It may be all fine and dandy for a country who is so small that you can go most places by bicycle but here where the average person drives 50 miles per day it just doesn't cut it.

Once again, get over yourself, get over you lil'bity country and your napoleonism.

Mustanger

Reaction score
hey Mack...this is what roads in America.... especially in Western America can be like. No little diesel cracker box need apply! I drove a 1000 miles over this road to a job in Salt Lake City in 2013...thank God for my nice big comfy F150 Truck! I set my cruise on 85 MPH & let her rip while I enjoyed the scenery & wild life! I saw approximately ONE car every 45 minutes to an hour! If America wants our cars to conquer the world ...we will! Especially under our new President Trump, who is a Godsend to putting our Country back on the right path! Right now we see niche markets for selling niche cars like the Mustang! Which is turning out to be a big hit ..Germany especially loves it.

80mph? We have speed limit signs that high & are being considered to be raised to 85mph!

IMG_4341.jpg

Mack

Reaction score
Yes, because that road is of course what all roads in America are like.

And of course everybody in the Netherlands goes by bike and I do my 80km daily commute by bike as well.

And of course all European cars are tiny crapboxes because that is all Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Volkswagen, Volvo and some others are making, nothing else!

And of course nobody in the US drives a foreign cars because American cars are the best! And outside of the US we are all just too stupid to see we need only American cars.

Come on guys, this is just funny.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
trump a godsend?! way to early to tell what impact he will have on this nation to call him any names good or bad.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=12861]Mack[/MENTION] obviously you are the only one who doesn't see. I for one never said American cars are the one and only. Read up and you would see that my personal family car is a Genesis. You would know it as a G80. Very large sedan that's built by a Korean company just in case you don't know.

American companies offer the widest variety of vehicles. That's what makes them great. The others have had to change their aim direction to keep up. Take Honda, Nissan, and Toyota for example, they never had a full size truck and Honda didn't even make a small truck till they eventually seen how much of the market they were missing out on.

Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, vw have yet to join in on that as I hope they don't cause as is their vehicles they build and sell here now would never be able to handle the abuse. Their regular cars have to many issues without being pushed hard on a regular basis.

American companies make sure to cater to all needs. From the compact hybrids to the muscle cars and even large luxury cars, from small pickup trucks all the way to trucks that can pull tens of thousands of pounds.

What European or Asian company can boast such a wide range such as this?? None!!!

Mack

Reaction score
American companies make sure to cater to all needs. From the compact hybrids to the muscle cars and even large luxury cars, from small pickup trucks all the way to trucks that can pull tens of thousands of pounds.

What European or Asian company can boast such a wide range such as this?? None!!

I see your point but I feel you are not entirely correct. For Ford: definitely you are correct. But this is partly because Ford Europe develops their own cars, so they have a full range. Chevrolet: almost, because they don't really have a successfull small car. So they might cater to every need in the US, they do not have a car that suits everybody in the world (which is still the discussion here).

I can tell you Chevrolet (as a brand) doesn't have any popular car in Northern Europe. And GM just sold Opel, so they have no big brand here any more.

You say there's no European or Asian company to have a full range, and this is where you are not correct. Because they might not be for sale in the US, but they have a full range.

Volkswagen has everything from small city cars (Up, Polo) to luxury sedans (Passat, Phaeton), vans, pickup-trucks (Amarok), hybrids, sport cars. In Brazil they have a full big rig range (Constellation). And I'm not even mentioning the sister companies Audi, Skoda and Seat. I'm by no means a VW fan but they have a bigger range than Ford.

Same with Toyota in Asia. From the Aygo and IQ to the big luxury cars, you know their offroad vehicles and pickups. They too produce big rigs and they are currently no. 1 in the world with electric/hybrid. Nissan and Kia too have way more vehicles in Asia than you or me get in the US or Europe.

The thing is: apart from Ford, which is a global company, the other American brands produce cars for the American market. And that is fine. But the non-American competitors, either Asian or European, produce cars for the American market but also for other markets.

Toyota is big in Asia, Europe and America. Volkswagen is big in Asia, Europe and America. Chevrolet is just big in America. Chrysler is just big in America (even now they are owned by Fiat).

The exception being Ford. This is part of the reason I like Ford. To me, it's the only American brand to have a global market.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ford has big rigs as well. They use to have the L-series which is now gone but the 750 is rated to pull with almost any big rig you will find world wide.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
All car manufacturers has had the helping hand of the big 3. Ford Gmc Mopar! Even helped each other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online