Anyone else from the UK on here?

Werecow

Reaction score
Well, I'm not from the U.K. but, I do enjoy Irish breakfast tea and homemade scones, and I must say, BBC produced television is so much better than the trash tv we have on this side of the pond. I enjoy British mystery shows, and novels a lot better than American ones. I think it's the way the plot is laid out that makes them so much better. And yes I do have a small jar of Marmite in my cubbard. So no not British but yes an Anglophile...

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Scones - do you butter, jam and cream, or butter, cream and jam? Maybe you don't even butter? So many ways and everyone thinks that everyone else's way of doing it is wrong! Of course the butter, jam and cream is the correct way...

Interesting what you say about British mystery shows - I prefer US ones as the British ones are just too slow for me. Maybe we are complete opposites on each side of the pond?

But I do have 2x Jaguars as well as the Mustang - surely that's a good British thing, right?

Oh, and as for Marmite - urgh! :)

TMW

Werecow

Reaction score
We make our scones usually with blueberries and white chocolate chips, but since fall is upon us we may do some pumpkin scones soon, no toppings actually! And currently I'm on an Eve Myles kick.. I've loved her since Torchwood first came out!!

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Wow - that's completely different to the "traditional" approach.

We are currently watching FBI Season 2 which is really good and my partner is a devout Law and Order: SVU Fan - she has been for years. Also waiting for NCIS to return, although I fear with the Pandemic that could be a while off still - we usually get the new season a few weeks behind you but there's no mention of anything yet :(

TMW

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I believe Highlandchef is from the UK, probably Scotland. Seems a nice chap!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online