Anyone ever do floor mounts for their drivers seat in a new edge?

GT3FC

Reaction score
I'm kinda concerned that I will be sitting too high in my o2 vert with my helmet on.. Anyone ever do some floor mounts in a new edge? Or how would you go about doing it? I was looking at it a little bit ago and the floor just looks so mountainous that I don't even know how I would use some floor mounts. Anyone have any idea or wanna help me out?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
By floor mounts, I assume you mean racing seats mounted directly to the floor? If so, there are several different types of brackets you can get, depending on what brand seats you have - what brand seats do you have?

For what it's worth, I've got Corbeau racing seats in my 95 coupe, with double locking sliders on both seats, and I fit just fine with a helmet on - there's not a huge amount of gap up top, but I can move my head around freely. I'm about 5'11" to 6'0". I don't know if the roof line is lower on the new edge, but I would seriously doubt it. Also, if your car isn't a dedicated track/drag car, I would recommend trying sliders first, as it will be a huge inconvenience to get floor mounts if you ever need someone else to drive your car or access to the back.

I have my seats out of the car right now for some work I am doing, I can measure things if that would help you any?

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
Well I have a corbau fx1 seat that is on sliders as of now... The problem is that it's a convertible so the headliner is lower than in a coupe... As for the stationary seat I also have a seat back Brace that attached to my roll bar so the seat does not move on the sliders anyways... My main thing was just how to floor mount the seat I havnt looked under the carpet but the floor looks really uneven under the seat making it heard use side mount brackets.. Main thing is if they can fit without modification to the floor...ill have to take another look at it tomorrow but as I remember it didn't look possible

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online