Anyone ever seen.......

50HSN95

Reaction score
........a Thunderbolt teardrop style hood scoop / heat extractor on an early SN95? I have been trying to find different ideas for a hood and like them on a Thunderbolt and older first gen Mustangs but not sure about the look on an SN.

Just curious if anyone has seen one used. Thanks!

PinkieT

Reaction score
Hmmmmmn... considering the early SN95 is more rounded than the New Edge, it just might work!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I remember something similar myself but I don't remember liking it or seeing very many of them at all.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea there was a hood that looked similar to that I have only seen pics of a couple of times. Most of the time it was adds where they were trying to trade it for anything, even the stock hood as it just looked a bit off.

OP
OP
50HSN95

50HSN95

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the input! I'm torn, I may order a scoop and just set it on the hood to see what it really looks like, I can always sell or return it. It may look like absolute trailer trash, and I might just laugh at my DA for having thought it up, thought now I'm just curious :confused:.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the input! I'm torn, I may order a scoop and just set it on the hood to see what it really looks like, I can always sell or return it. It may look like absolute trailer trash, and I might just laugh at my DA for having thought it up, thought now I'm just curious :confused:.
Maybe a shaker style hood scoop almost like 03 04 mach 1 something different and old school

OP
OP
50HSN95

50HSN95

Reaction score
Maybe a shaker style hood scoop almost like 03 04 mach 1 something different and old school
That is something to look into also.

About the closest thing I have found with the "Thunderbolt" style hood on a newer mustang is on this S197:

IMG_1593.JPG

Not quite the same as what I was looking at, but close. I'm torn.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online