anyone ever shaved their fuel door?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am going to do it and was just going to reroute the filler neck so it would be behind a hidden panel in the trunk when its finished. Pretty sure its a sealed system so there shouldn't be any worries with fumes, but was wondering if I should include some kind of vent to evacuate them if there are any? The actual shaving part I am not worried about, just what to do with it afterwards.....

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
So much shaving going on with that car. It's gonna be one solid piece lol. It's gonna be cool though. But lemme get it straight, you're gonna make it so that you have to open the trunk to fill it up? Not trashing just curious.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
behind the tail light would be a cool location.

I have considered it believe me I have....

So much shaving going on with that car. It's gonna be one solid piece lol. It's gonna be cool though. But lemme get it straight, you're gonna make it so that you have to open the trunk to fill it up? Not trashing just curious.

Yessir! Its one of those times where the function follows the form......

ProKiller

Reaction score
only ever seen it moved.

as far as inside the trunk, i assume it would work since you can have a fuel cell in there.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I thought the same thing about the license plate, then also realized it being on the trunk lol! You just need a custom trunk that is a lid only, with the section between the tail lights being solid! :D

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
da trunk is fer the system YO! I have not completely ruled out trying behind the tail light but the shape of it on the sides makes it hard to get a hinge on.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here's what you do:

Do a electric engine swap. Then you only need to make a plug in. Bam, no fuel cap or tank needed. Win win.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Maybe put a fuel door in the bumper right under the license plate..

Or if you have a fuel cell just put the fuel door in the trunk and you'll just have to pop the trunk to fill the tank..

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am going to be building a custom trunk for the stereo so the worst case scenario I will just make a hidden panel that I can pull off and fill it under it.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok so I have my patch panel ready to go. Next obstical is the filler line. Anyone know how to make a custom shaped line? I considered just cutting it clean, rotating it 180 degrees and then inserting a piece of pvc as a coupler and some hose clamps to hold it tight but not sure if there is a better way? Just go too the store and start looking at shapes?

DSC01190.jpg

95opal

Reaction score
That's a lot of work to have to pop the trunk every time you need gas, plus the tank is vented If you didn't know. If your set on shaving it, I would relocate it but keep it on the exterior, a couple of drops in the interior over and over is a stinky mess in the workings. I knew that when I did my cell hence why it was modified to use the stock filler neck. Theres no way in hell im dragging a hose over my bumper or anywhere near my paint to put gas in the car. None the less you go to jersey were you aren't allowed to pump your own gas and now some dirty towel head is fn up your rear bumper and filling your stereo system with 93 octane. Cool idea but would never put the fill in the trunk unless it was a gutted racecar.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well thanks. No plans to drive to jersey and I always fill mine up myself and never had an issue hosing anything down with gas prior to this so hopefully with a little bit of care filling up I can keep that record. I am not going to let the possibility of spilling a little gas stop it. I also need to find a spot for the meth kit you see on the floor so I can fill it so I can hopefully integrate both behind the same panel for easier filling of them both.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
If you made a wall to hide the filler lines for the meth kit and gas tank and just put some kind of drain into the floor that'd work.

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online