Anyone Ever Use Seafoam?

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I read it wasn't for Hi Mileage Engines However, i also read people with Hi Mileage Engines have used it and had good results.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
My god dont start this here, there is a thread over on StangNet with like 25 pages or so about it, everytime it drops off it comes back a day or so later. :eek:

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
HAHA 25 pages Really? I'll go over there and check it out!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Eats away the carbon deposits.

that's always good.

plus you can pretend you're in a Powerstroke and leave a trail of smoke afterwards.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Eats away the carbon deposits.

that's always good.

plus you can pretend you're in a Powerstroke and leave a trail of smoke afterwards.

lol.

and yeah i heard it works great, im going to try it out a place here finally started carrying it.

STNG_96

Reaction score
Works better on higher mileage cars, you just have to be careful putting it in. I used it only my 195xxx 1989 tempo, and worked great, I just couldnt put it in nearly as fast as I did the stang, and it took longer to burn it out of the system. There is some stuff call B12 Chemtol that works the exact same. It was the only thing we had in my area for years, so that was what I used. Its in a metal can just like Seafoam, I get it at walmart or autozone.

ALITL8

Reaction score
ive heard about seafoam and other engine additives... dont know if they work. ive never used anything except some octane boost every now and again and ive got 158K "driven" miles on the odometer. ive always run premium grade pump gas and maintenanced the car semi regularly... no problems and she still runs strong ;D

my thinking has always been; higher octane = hotter burn = less carbon

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
higher octaine does NOTHING unless you need it, I laugh at the ppl that put in premium when they only need regualr.

If your timing isnt bumped up, and your internals are stock, and your running NA, then you deff dont need anything fancy.

Fuel injector cleaner helps once and a while. Seafoam cleans out all the carbon well I have heard. Im going to try it.

ALITL8

Reaction score
had to look this up but there is a difference. http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question90.htm

"The octane rating of gasoline tells you how much the fuel can be compressed before it spontaneously ignites. When gas ignites by compression rather than because of the spark from the spark plug, it causes knocking in the engine. Knocking can damage an engine, so it is not something you want to have happening. Lower-octane gas (like "regular" 87-octane gasoline) can handle the least amount of compression before igniting."

looks like the lower octane fuel has a better chance of igniting prior to the spark :dunno: our GT doesnt like the 87 octane and will clatter a little under heavy acceleration, doesnt do it when we run premium :thumb:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Im not saying im right and your wrong of coruse it does somthing I ment it does nothing if you dont need it, you could run 101 Octane and not tell the diffrence from 89 if your car didnt need it.

But your car should run fine with regular fuel or at least midgrade I would think. Unless your timing is bumped up. Mabye 4.6L are diffrent then 5.0 but if anything I would think there even more efficient.

ALITL8

Reaction score
i run and have run premium gas in all my vehicles. when i took the GT to the performance shop to have my gears installed they were surprised that the car ran as well as it does. ive never had to clean my tb, maf, iac. my maf was replaced after 140K but it had stopped working. hell, i didnt even need to replace plugs till after 100K. i dont know if running the higher grade fuel has anything to do with any of this but im going to stick with it.

i used to build service stations and install the underground storage tanks. i dont know of any of the guys that didnt run premium fuel. as a matter of fact when we did tank and line testing we would test the premium last. we used an overfill testing prodecure, which meant at the end of testing... FREE GAS for the Crew! we never took regular gas home to put in our personal vehicles :dunno:

hell, try the premium fuel for a month then go back to regular... you'll notice a difference ;)

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well yeah if you can afford it and dont mind then why not. I belive you, I have my timing bumped and HCI so I do run premium unless when im broke and cheap out and get midgrade

STNG_96

Reaction score
Am I going to have to seperate the two of you? :rollinglaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online