Anyone have a source for Ford Connectors (Pig tails) for sensors

Discussion in '96-04 - 4V Specific' started by venom, Nov 10, 2014.

1. venom

venom Active Member

Going to tackle the Megasquirt install and I want to start with new connectors. Before I start doing a bunch of research has anyone done the footwork on a vendor that sells all these connectors.

2. kb1982

kb1982 Active Member

Rockauto has alot of pigtails. What megasquirt are you putting in your car? I have the MsPnP in mine.

3. venom

venom Active Member

3.57 with MS3x. Unfortunately there is no Pnp for my setup 98 4v. I know they are working on one right now from DIYautotune.

4. lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Gonna keep my eye on this, I'm curios as well

5. nitroram33

nitroram33 Active Member

Gonna need a few myself next year when the MS Pro goes in...

6. kb1982

kb1982 Active Member

Looks like a good choice on the 3x. My engine wiring harness has been hacked up pretty good and it still provides a clean signal to the pcm somehow. Looking back on it, i wished I would have went with the 3 or pro and wired it in myself. If you run into any roadblocks, be sure to post them up in the MS section on the corral or http://www.msextra.com/forums/index.php. Matt Cramer from DIYAutotune will usually chime in to help you out, along with the devs of tunerstudio. The MsPnP doesnt come with any spare inputs, and I wanted to be able to log fuel pressure, so Matt posted up how to reconfigure it on inputs that I wasnt using. Next issue will setting up a guage for it using that input in tunerstudio with the ini file, but the devs are really helpfull so im not worried about that when the time comes. My car has 5 extra gauges in it right now.The plan someday is to remove all of them and install a tablet in the radio area, running MSdash with bluetooth.

7. Phoenix0783

Phoenix0783 New Member

8. nitroram33

nitroram33 Active Member

What I really need are some Explorer cam and crank sensor pigtails... :hmmm2:

9. venom

venom Active Member

I want to use a tablet to do the tuning as well via bluetooth. Since I am just getting started will start with a laptop then worry about those details later. I am going to run a flex fuel sensor as well since there are only a few e85 stations around here.

You can go here for a PDF of all the Ford Connectors http://www.fordservicecontent.com/pubs/content/connectors/images/connectorcatalog.pdf

10. JPhilBradley

JPhilBradley New Member