Anyone have any idea what this thing is?

Royal96

Reaction score
So I while driving my family's 2002 Avalanche, I looked up and noticed something I've never once noticed before for the entire 3 years we've owned it.

20150914_192350_zpspnhtssav.jpg

I asked my mom and she doesn't remember ever seeing it before either. It doesn't look exactly factory, and seems to be clipped over the dome light/sunglasses holder, and doesn't seem to have any wires running to it. I can't seem to easily get it off without potentially breaking something, but I'm curious as to what it is. My mom and I are the only ones who drive and have access to it, so we're curious if someone has slipped it in for some reason or if we're both just completely oblivious and have never noticed it before today.

Sorry for the potentially crappy picture. I couldn't get it to focus for shit.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is the mic the gov installs in their tracking systems. Wearing a foil hat will keep you safe from it.

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score
Lol! I fully expected at least a few paranoia jokes, but you never actually know these days! But yes, someone did inform me it's just the on star mic, I just couldn't find any other pictures of it previously.

But seriously, leave it to GM to make a factory option looked like tacked on aftermarket crap.

OP
OP
Royal96

Royal96

Reaction score
Also, to clarify, I'm not generally a paranoid person. But, my mom's cc info was recently stolen, and there have been a lot of odd happenings, break ins, and trespassing in my neighborhood over the past couple weeks. With how tech savvy criminals are getting these days, I wouldn't be surprised if a device this small could steal your credit card info.

So no, I didn't think it was the government, or aliens, or anything crazy. Just a small bit of irrational paranoia is all.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
oh there is.... Do you have any cards with the passive transponder RFID chips in them?

[video=youtube;9lPMM22M_-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lPMM22M_-U[/video]

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
oh there is.... Do you have any cards with the passive transponder RFID chips in them?

[video=youtube;9lPMM22M_-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lPMM22M_-U[/video]

This shit pisses me off RFID chips are some of the easiest things to swipe!!!! I can pick up the signal from my ID card at work on my galaxy s4. its apperently the same freq as the S-beam operates on lol, thats how I learned about s beam.

OP def some black ops CIA shit......wrap it up with some tin foil.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have been meaning to pick up a new shielded wallet to prevent it. Might just order one today....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online