Anyone have the 94-98 Saleen Kit

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've done a lot of research and need some help. I am looking for a high quality six piece saleen kit and I do not know where to turn. Upon my search I've found some decent looking replica kits out there but I can't confirm if these kits are quality. My searches keep bring up "KBD" and I do not know if they can be trusted. They sell the kit on ebay for about 800.00 with out shipping but I have no idea what type of quality it is. The only place that sold a high quality replica saleen kit was stage 3 motorsports a few years ago because they used the same manufacturer that produced the geniune saleen kits. What to do...What to do...

My quest is turn to my car into a full saleen since I have most of the rare exterior parts like the hood, but finding high quality kit like my hood and spoiler is almost impossible. What do you guys think?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have always wanted to make a Faleen but didn't want to get the car painted. Now that our cars are older its the perfect time. Do it :)

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
IIRC not even the original saleen pieces fit that well

I believe [MENTION=9659]95opal[/MENTION] has the ABC Exclusive kit so maybe he will chime in

Rallim

Reaction score
I want that. $800 for the full kit, that's not bad. I was planning on getting a couple cans of premixed DFG paint, I don't care on match as long as its decently close. I planned on getting at least a saleen front bumper and spoiler at some point.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I have always wanted to make a Faleen but didn't want to get the car painted. Now that our cars are older its the perfect time. Do it :)

Well I am trying to go past Faleen, I am trying to get to Saleen Replica status. I know its going to be hard but its my dream to turn this car into a badass Saleen.

I'm all about OEM fitment for body panels. I don't know of anywhere that has quality kits

stage 3 used to carry them but they don't anymore they direct you to Saleen

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/S031-020-1994-1998-Mustang-GT-Saleen-Body-Kit.html

Win, when I found this out I was little devastated. They had the highest quality kit on the market and it looked like they stopped getting them around 2013 :(

I believe 95opal has the ABC Exclusive kit so maybe he will chime in

I remember 95opal's car, it looked awesome! He had shaved engine bay and flawless looking sn95 car. I do not know if he even posts on here anymore.

I want that. $800 for the full kit, that's not bad. I was planning on getting a couple cans of premixed DFG paint, I don't care on match as long as its decently close. I planned on getting at least a saleen front bumper and spoiler at some point.

I do too! It looks like that kit has potential to be decent kit. It seems like KBD is the main manufacturer for a lot of kits but the quality I do not know about.

Burninrock24

Reaction score

I believe 95opal has the ABC Exclusive kit so maybe he will chime in

You're absolutely right. OEM Saleen had huge fitment issues. If I remember correctly this dude got his parts from an actual car, not even new-old-stock. Look at the panel gap here:

3.jpg

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Buy used like i did. Ur gonna have to go through the pain of "prepping" it to fit. Trust me unless, its like stage 3 motorsports who sells it for 2k, go buy a used one and have a less headache.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Buy used like i did. Ur gonna have to go through the pain of "prepping" it to fit. Trust me unless, its like stage 3 motorsports who sells it for 2k, go buy a used one and have a less headache.

thats the plan, I am looking for a used 6 piece kit. I really want it!

Sinned83

Reaction score
I think mrbodykit sells some knock off kits but they are a horrible company to deal with. I know some other members have faleens Austin56 and Opal come to mind. Opals car was in MM and fast fords not to long ago.

Rallim

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my ford stuff before I started banging up my car didn't even fit that well LOL.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I think mrbodykit sells some knock off kits but they are a horrible company to deal with. I know some other members have faleens Austin56 and Opal come to mind. Opals car was in MM and fast fords not to long ago.

I remember his car, he had the full kit and it looked flawless.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online