Anyone here with a P51 Intake?

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by Pitbull_SN95, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Pitbull_SN95

Pitbull_SN95 Active Member

Just looking for people here with a P51 Intake. If you have one, can you tell me what motor mounts/K member you have, and how far down they sit into your K member?

I'm trying to get mine to sit down far enough to put my stock hood back on. I can't get it low enough, even with 3/4" spacers on the K member

2. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I think widow maker does? I think that's his name?

3. duff daddy

duff daddy Legend

I have a buddy with an 01 gt with a stock hood and p51. fits fine, definitely close but if it. what are you hitting now. The most issues he had was actually with the fire wall and his manifold being one of the very fist produced.

4. Pitbull_SN95

Pitbull_SN95 Active Member

I emailed Ron @ Foxlake, and his reply was "its not meant for the 98, only the 99-04. the hood on the 99 is taller than the 98". It's not the intake manifold that hits with my 6" cowl hood, rather the intake tube. So I added the brackets to the K member, and now the cowl hood fits fine but I'm wanting to put the stock hood back on, and it sits up about 1" too high. Here's a picture. It actually hits the intake now. DOes the 98 and 99 hood make that big of a difference?

[​IMG]