Anyone In NJ do detailing?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by 95PGTTech, Jun 13, 2007.

1. 95PGTTech

95PGTTech Well-Known Member

We're looking for someone in NJ to either come over or me come to you, whichever is easier, to basically teach me how to detail our car. I understand the basic wash, polish, and wax, but the color doesn't really have that "pop" we're looking for. There are also a few tiny rock chips and swirl marks.

I've heard compounding is a good way to get them out, but I'd really like some semi-professional help on this. I'd prefer it to be a mustang guy so we can meet some new people around here, and someone owning/running their own small buisness (same situation we are in).

Oh, and we pay good. Teaching $$$ > Do-It-For-Me $$$

2. 95PGTTech

95PGTTech Well-Known Member

edit: exterior only. we've figured out the engine bay and interior decent enough for our everyday use.

3. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

I can't really suggest anyone in Jersey for details as everyone i've come across (even in high end dealerships) just doesn't go that extra mile to satisfy me so i do my own work.

Heres a few how to instructions
    http://www.detailcity.com/detailing-how-to.html

invest in a Porter Cable 7424 Buffer and some good detail products.
    Justin aka Juztang on here is a detail pro and supplier/detailer and hooks us up with some good deals and also gives us advice as we need it on doing our own work.