anyone know how temp or humidity effects 1/4 mile times?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
went to the track tonight and it says temp 60 and humidity 67 and absolute baro is 17.8 ...

everyone was running slow...

for example

6.0 gto watched him run consistent like 14.5 at 100
cobalt ss ran 15.8
these were just 2 stock cars I was watching...I know gtos can run like low 13s and cobalt ss are about high 14....

I ran 14.7 at 95 something...kinda mad since I ran 14.5 at 96 without pi intake/ TB/Plenum a couple months ago....

but for some reason everyone was running crappy tonight...can weather really affect horsepower this much?...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Damn right weather can have a serious impact on HP and the resulting performance. Especially on forced induction rides like my Blown L, I cant tell you how many threads I have read from guys complaing about the elements while they were on the track or dyno, and how much better they were before in better weather.

The density in the air is HUGE when it comes to getting down the track, and thats from making power at the wheels. Coming from that air thats going into the engine to make that power at the wheels. Your times are not bad, but with better weather they could have probally been much better.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
there was also a srt500 truck running 14.3s and stuff....I knew it was gonna happen too...haha I spent all this money on parts ..but hopefully I can get a good night to go back...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.