Anyone put a tubular k member in their car?

Kboss87

Reaction score
How did it make noise? Sounds like a bushing problem not a k member problem.

Should have been more clear, all the noises sounded like coil over related (which came in the upr k member kit). My current car has maximum motorsports coilovers (with stock a arms and k member) and are quiet.

kb1982

Reaction score
There's two spots that the coilover kits can cause banging. One is a loose fitting sleeve on the shock body and the notch where the sleeve sits on the strut mounting point. The second point is where the strut end actually goes through the caster camber plate bushing. ive seen caster camber plates that state for use with certain brand struts, due to this. Apparently strange struts are known for being slightly undersized. With a little creative thinking by the installer, these shituations can be remedied

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
I hadn't checked this a while and man now there's a lot of good info thanks guys. I recently just bough drag radials and some rear wheels and I'm getting my whole rear end done next week so cash is a little low right now but in a couple weeks I will be doing k member coil over kit probably going with the team z

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with team z kmembers.... when you read these threads you have to take it with a grain of salt. Not everyone has a clue as to what there doing, Ive seen guys **** up a CIA install and blame the product. So remember the source of the complaints.
I run the autox k from team z and all you need is off set rack bushing for it. jUST REMEMBER TO SQUARE IT WHEN YOU PUT IT IN.

Ok cool so just offset bushings that team z sells? And square it? What do you mean square it exactly?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online